Mark IV clips : \m/ content

Nitsuj

Mar 6, 2008
www.soundclick.com
Hey guys,

am new to the board. I had been reading up and getting as much recording tips as possible. This is one helluva forum.

I came up with some Mark IV clips and used an Andy Sneap riff as reference. Please pardon the loose playing, just wanted to slap something together quickly.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=728873&content=music

Here's my chain : RG7620 w/ Lundgren -> Mark IV -> Legacy 4x12 -> SM57 -> RNP -> MOTU -> DAW (No EQ applied).

Would love to hear from you guys for improvements.

Cheers,

I think it's a pretty nice tone, but you need alot more high end bite in my opinion. I think it sounds maybe a little tubby in the low mids, but a more agressive high end might counteract that.

I think it's a pretty nice tone, but you need alot more high end bite in my opinion. I think it sounds maybe a little tubby in the low mids, but a more agressive high end might counteract that.

I think so too. Gotten hold of some EL34's and will put them in to see if that will help. Don't really wanna EQ until things are a lil' more concrete.

Thanks man.

BLASPHEMY! Mark IV with OD no! lol
Nah good idea XD
I've never tried it with my Mark though, has anyone else?

I've experimented with boosting my 1990 Mark IV A with an SD-1. It's alright for getting crunch tones from R1 or pushing R2 into high gain, but a boost is wasted on the lead channel, in my experience. Even tuned down to A, the boost didn't seem to make a significant difference in terms of tightness or response, and there's already more than enough gain on tap.

I like EL34s in the outer sockets. I'm a fan of SED/Svetlana EL34s. I got my hands on some NOS GE 6L6GCs that sounded absolutely phenomenal in the Mark IV. I used a mix of JJs and Mullard RIs in the pre, for whatever that's worth.