Marshall cab and installing V30s

PostMortem1666

Ocean Planet is on burn
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma, US
I am buying myself a pair of V30s for my birthday this christmas and I noticed that their are 2 options on V30s. I can get 8 ohms or 16 ohms. The cab I have right now is a Marshall 1960A with the stock GT-75s in it. I want to put the V30s in an X-Pattern but I am not sure if I should get 8 ohms or 16 ohms. I always play with my head in 4 ohms. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Also if anyone can give me some advice on actually installing the new speakers and tools I would need for that would also be very much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Well whatever the impedance is of each of the two 75's you're leaving in there (16 ohms I assume, knowing Marshall) is what you should get your V30s in, and all you'll need is a crescent wrench/plyers to loosen the nuts holding on the speakers - easy as pie! However, are you only running into half of your cab at 4 ohms? Cuz the stock impedance of Marshall's is 16 ohms mono...

Marshall 1960 cabs are 4 or 16 ohm (8 ohm stereo) switchable.

You should keep 16 ohm speakers in there. That way your switchable impedance still works.