Marshall jcm 2000 clips

Brender500

Mar 16, 2010
i have a trade offer for my peavey ultra 120 head.Its a marshall jcm 2000 DSL 50 and i was wanting to know if any of you hear who have this amp has some clips that i can here of the cleans and the distortion cause all the slips on youtube are with cam mics and they suck.so it would be much appericiated

Don't have clips of any sorry man but have used them live and dig them. Don't run the gain too high or you get that modern, overly compressed Marshall distortion that sucks for anything actually heavy.

I've tried the DSL and TSL side by side, and I have to agree. I didn't like the TSL, but the DSL sounded great. This can have to do with the age of the tubes etc., which I don't know anything about, but at least I can say that the DSL is a very nice amp.

TSL is a heap of shit imo. Doesn't sound much better than a valvestate.

DSL is a COMPLETELY different animal. I tried these amps side by side a few times (originally wanting to buy the TSL for the extra channel) and there is absolutely no comparison.

I prefer the DSL100 over the 50 by quite a bit. The 100w version has bigger tighter low end and a more aggressive sounding distortion.

I prefer the DSL100 over the 50 by quite a bit. The 100w version has bigger tighter low end and a more aggressive sounding distortion.

+1 ... the 50w version has like no bottom compared to a 5150 and such... 100w is da bomb!

I can access a JCM2000 DSL 100 at any time... If you got some DIs I can reamp them for you, so you can hear the amp on your playing. Available cabs: Mesa oversized, Marshall 1960 Slash Signature.

I have a DSL100.
Leave the deep and mid switches off.
Channel one crunch with a tubes screamer in front is really nice.
Not a big fan of the drive channel but it can work mixed with a different head.
Beautiful for clean and crunch sounds though.

I'm doing a reamping job in the next week or so and a DSL 100 is one of the amps I'm using. I'll try to remember to post some clips after.

I love the DSL, always have, especially the 50w. You get the 50 cranked and hot, that thing'll punch and scream. That or the JVM has to be the best modern head Marshall ever built. I'm always gonna love the 2203 the best though.

(and yeah, EVERY TSL is a total hunk of garbage... which makes no sense, since I thought it wasn't too much more than just an extra channel, but whatever... too many knobs on that p.o.s. for me anyway.)

Wasn't Nile's "Annihilation of the Wicked" a JCM2000 with GT75's? If so, that's how a JCM with 0 mids sounds.