Marshall Jmp-01 Soundclip

It has a nice full bodied sound, but also has that unfortunate "direct" sound to it. A bit plasticy if you will. I do like that preamp though as I used to gig with it! It would sound great mic'd, but I have a feeling when you apply impulses to it, it's gonna sound great! Can you post a sample once you have the impulse track created?? I'm curious to hear it, thanks!

-Joe

I just have to admit that the old marshall stuff fucking rocks. Simple and good.

with impulses that sound would fucking kill!

i love the jmp for demo-ing and recording and making certain parts of a song more in your face by adding a direct guitar to an already awesome production;

i'm not quite sure what you guys are saying about impulses; the jmp tracks are taken directly from the speaker emulator out; do you suggest putting a revalver/guitarhack plugin on it and simulate a cabinet or something? or suggest to take the pre-amp out; and put a revalver/guitarhack plugin with power-amp+cabinet on it? not sure what you mean :)

BTW, can you record something dry, then reamp it with the jmp-1 and give me both the dry, and reamped files? I would like to see if I can use curve EQ to make revalver sound more like the jmp-1. I really like the way it sounds :headbang:

what did you use on bass? and what kick/other samples are that if i may ask? :kickass: liking it very much!

The kick is a blend of 3 different kicks, I think it turned out too weak and clicky on this one :) It's a blend of some Exodus kick, a Lamb of god kick and some other I can't remember heh..

The "bass" is a pitched clean single coil guitar which I've boosted with a tubescreamer, and it has the WARP guitar plugin on it. The Warp plugin sucks for guitar but works nice on bass :)

I must say I like the tone alot. Would be cool to hear it quad tracked and with some good impulses.

I'm thinking about buying a jmp-1, to record home with it. Is your jmp-1 modified or is it the original?