Marshall MF280 (Mode Four) 4x12 Angled Cab

RockGuitarX

Miles of Machines
Sep 14, 2008
SA Texas, USA
I bought this cab new about 3-4 years ago and it's still in good condition with minimal wear. I'm the original owner and I've never gigged it but have moved it around to various homes for jam sessions. It's an oversized cab and as far as I know, Marshall no longer makes these anymore. I've ran several heads through this such as Mesa Dual, Peavey XXL, JSX, XXX, 6505, 5150 and Marshall MF350. I'd really prefer someone in the TX area take it, as shipping will be expensive. This sits back at my home collecting dust as I live in an apartment to attend school. Have no more need for it and could use money for other gear. I've sold many items on this forum such as rack gear and effects, a guitar and guitar parts both locally and internationally. I also have an ebay account under the same name I use on this forum. Looking for $400.

MesaMarshall.jpg
PeaveyX.jpg

Marshall MF280 Description:

The MF280 (280W) cabinets are specially engineered to reproduce the balanced mid range and huge bottom end that are a pre-requisite for extreme hard rock and nu-metal sounds, the cabinet features

In keeping with all legendary Marshall cabinets the MF 4x12" cabinets are not only ready for the sonic demands of a high performance head like the MF350, but also the extreme physical abuse they may receive on the road.

We recommend the MF280A (angled) and B (base) for full stack operation.

Marshall MF280 Features:

* Sonically optimised Celestion loudspeaker designs
* Pro-gauge internal wiring
* Increased internal volume
* Metal logo and piping
* Sonically optimized Celestion loudspeaker designs
* Pro-gauge internal wiring
* Increased internal volume
* Metal logo and piping
* In keeping with all legendary Marshall cabinets the MF 4x12 in. cabinets are not only ready for the sonic demands of a high performance head like the MF350, but also the extreme physical abuse they may receive on the road.
* Marshall recommends the MF280A (angled) and B (base) for full-stack operation and the MF400A or B for half-stack operation.
* Full Stack Versus Half Stack
* The MODE FOUR cabinets can be used either as a full stack (2 cabinets) or half stack (1 cabinet) configuration. The rig you choose is a matter of personal taste and as always when it comes to sound we recommend you try both to see which suits your style best. Below is a guide to the major attributes of each:
* Full Stack:
* Enhanced on stage spread
* More 'cut through' due to accentuated treble and high mids
* Iconic stage presence
* Half Stack:
* More controllable spread of sound on stage (especially base type)
* Convenient and portableTechnical Description
* Speaker Configuration 4x12 in.
* Speaker Type Celestion Vintage 30MF
* Power (RMS) 280W
* Impedance 16 Ohm
* Dimensions (mm): 760 x 910 x 380
* Weight (Kg) 42.5

Marshall MF280 Specifications:

* Speaker Configuration 4x12 in.
* Speaker Type Celestion Vintage 30MF
* Power (RMS) 280W
* Impedance 16 Ohm