Marshall ModeFour 4x12 cab

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
Anyone tried this cab? I know Jens Bogren loves this cabinet and also a friend of mine like it a lot.
It has 2 speakers configuration, one with celestion 100 and one with celestion 70w I suppose. It's an oversized one but I don't know if it should be comparable with a Mesa or an Engl.

I've got one, it rocks, get it. Mine is the mf280a which has v30s. It's the same size as my rectifier cab but sounds a bit different. my rectifier cab has more highs (I'm talking like 13k though) and the marshall seems to have more mids. If I could only keep one of them it would probably be the marshall

I don't think the 280 has v30s because it has 280w. With v30s you'd have 240w

edit: but I've read v30s too...in fact they are markerd v30 MF...probably they are a 70w version

I've recorded one a couple of times, they sound great. I think sylosis's album was actually recorded with one, I can't really remember!

I traded my 1960AV for a MF280a and it was great for the first month or so, until the novelty wore off. Then I started to miss my old Marshall. It really wore off when I took it apart and saw it was nowhere near as sturdy as my 1960, and when i sa that little mf after the vintage 30 logo i was very disappointed. The the mf speakers are similar, but don't have the same character as a normal 30, and the shoddy construction of the cab gives it a very loose sound that, while having a more bass, sounded a little cheap to me. I miss my 1960AV.