Marshall SL-X Question

POST BR00TZ CLIPS N00B!

Seriously, that's a lot of odd mods. Glad you've got to the bottom of the issue now.

I had one of these i bought off a friend because it kept having trouble. I don't have my notes here but I believe it was a rectifier issue. Something to look into and keep an eye on. I eventually sold it cause between it and a jcm2000 that was constantly a problem I just didn't want the threat of failure during a show.

I've had one for ages. Never could quite get the gain out of it that I wanted. Are you using a boost Lasse? Also, what tubes you using?

I had one of these i bought off a friend because it kept having trouble. I don't have my notes here but I believe it was a rectifier issue. Something to look into and keep an eye on. I eventually sold it cause between it and a jcm2000 that was constantly a problem I just didn't want the threat of failure during a show.

Followup:
I looked at my notes and the problem was a bridge rectifier (BR3) getting too hot and melting it's solder joints, thus breaking the connection. I was able to fix it with a higher rated rectifier. I also have mention of replacing a capacitor as well, but no specific notes, so I'm not sure which one.

This is apparently a common issue with these amps.

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?p=197932

I think for studio use, it would be great, they sound pretty damn rad.

yup, same thing happened to this amp...
someone "fixed" it though.....well, looks like shit, but at least it's working;)

IMG_3718.JPG

IMG_3719.JPG