Martin Axenrot DW Endorsement

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
Congrats to him on inking the deal with IMHO the best drum manufacturer in the world. I hope that he loves his DW9000 bass drum pedals as much as I love mine. Everthing that I has ever used from DW is fantastic, and I hope that this endorsement contract lasts a long time. Now for either Meinl or Istanbul Cymbals...... Not a diss on Paiste, Sabian, or Zildjian, but I think they have the best sound for metal, ie Mudvayne or Lamb

Do artists go out looking for endorsements, or do the companies look to sign artists? If the latter, then becoming Opeth's drummer was a great career move for Axe.

Axe better use those kick ass DW's on the new album when they start recording/writing. DW's are sweeeeeet drums.

Do artists go out looking for endorsements, or do the companies look to sign artists? If the latter, then becoming Opeth's drummer was a great career move for Axe.
If I understood him correctly he applied for the DW endorsement himself, rather than that DW approached him, and was pleasantly surprised and proud when they decided to support him. The earlier TAMA-endorsement was a left-over from Lopez, he just sort of took over the contract when he joined the band, so I think this felt pretty sweet for him. Axe is a very nice guy btw.

DW rocks! I tried some DW doublepedals today, and DAMN what a difference from my cheap Tama ones. Suddenly i felt like i could really play.

Istanbul cymbals are damn nice.

istanbul crymbals sound fucking great. i went to a a launch of them the other day and they had around 8 cymbals set up in this big shed. couldnt hear shit but it was fuckin fun! well done ax too.

dw is highly overrated, Sonor imo is alot better, and sabians blow out meinl, just for the record

I have yet to hear drums that sound better acoustically than Sonor. They have been my favourite brand ever since I learned of Meshuggah, and this has continued well into my engineering career, where it's always been a pleasure to deal with them in a recording situation.