MARTY FRIEDMAN, ALEX SKOLNICK And CHRIS POLAND To Team Up For U.S. Tour

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
MARTY FRIEDMAN, ALEX SKOLNICK And CHRIS POLAND To Team Up For U.S. Tour - June 30, 2003
Guitar shredders extraordinaire Marty Friedman (ex-MEGADETH), Alex Skolnick (ex-TESTAMENT, SAVATAGE) and Chris Poland (ex-MEGADETH) will be teaming up for a U.S. tour later in the summer. Friedman will be performing as a solo artist while Poland and Skolnick will be showcasing their current group projects, OHM and THE ALEX SKOLNICK TRIO, respectively.

The trek, dubbed "Guitarevolution", will hit the following cities in early September, according to Pollstar:

Sep. 06 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
Sep. 08 - San Diego, CA @ Canes
Sep. 09 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Sep. 10 - West Hollywood, CA @ The Troubadour
Sep. 11 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Sep. 12 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk

from Blabbermouth.net

HELL YEAH !!! :Spin:

I'll probably go to the SD show. Awwwww come on TL you know you want to go :) Come down to SD with me. We can hang out on the beach and dig a whole in the sand and bury DE and then sick sand crabs on him before the show.

metalmaiden said:
I'll probably go to the SD show. Awwwww come on TL you know you want to go :) Come down to SD with me. We can hang out on the beach and dig a whole in the sand and bury DE and then sick sand crabs on him before the show.

That sounds fun...can I come too??:lol:

I've tried too damn long to figure out what LMFAO means -- someone help me out here.

Sac on my B-day, I'm there! I saw Alex only once, at TOTT, and I must say that his solo on Burnt Offerings was the best live guitar solo I've ever heard bar none. It mirrored the studio version. Fuckin' incredible. I can't expect any of this from him during this stint, but I'll suport the show anyway.

metalmaiden said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge shred guitar fan, but I'd rather not.

I will always respect Alex, because he's a class act all-around. I've enjoyed seeing Skol-Patrol and The Alex Skolnick Trio :).

I can do without nauseating, girly J-POP (no offense to the old country) :puke:.

TL= METALHEAD FOR LIFE: MFL!!!