Martyr

...There is some awesome stuff by Martyr. Which album did you listen to?

Lethargy... hmm... i'll give 'em a spin.

I just checked Lethargy out.

They are australian... right?? They're pretty good, but they aren't as crazy as martyr, sorry. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the band plug...!

no, Lethargy are from Rochester, NY, from what I understand. They broke up a year or 2 ago. I downloaded both Martyr CDs, but I was just listening to songs as they got done. I'll put them in order so I can really listen to them. Which Lethargy songs did you get (some are more chaotic than others)?

no, Lethargy are from Rochester, NY, from what I understand

Maybe i found the wrong band?? There is an australian 'semi-technical' death-metal band from perth(?) that i found. They're okay, but nothing great.

I'll have another look for another band of the same band.

Yes Lethargy is from Rochester. Actually Matt-man's (my fiance) cousin is the drummer for them. He has tattoos and piercings EVERYWHERE (& talks about them :) (owwie!!) We have a copy of their CD, but it is definitely not my style, maybe some of you guys would like it. It is some crazy thrashy stuff. Actually I am surprised you brought them up, because I thought they were unknowns....

HMMMM.....guess not!

It's pretty straightforward... It's almost like a 'technical' nu-metal band.

I've downloaded a few songs, but i'm not sure of the albums they come from, or what albums they have released...

This Persistance Unkown
The Entombment
Thread
Soil
Erased

There is a few more, but no song names..

What songs/albums should i check out?

Cool, I'll have a look for it.

it's not bad, it's kindof like 'Jazz-Thrash', not really that technical, but lots of time changes here and there, so it's pretty good.

The drummer is pretty good, yeah.

The vocalist is terrible tho, and the guitars aren't that great. Simple stuff... There's some pretty good ideas here and there tho.

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
Which CD? The Discography '93-'99 one? I'd definitely be interested; I've been looking for it for a while.

I was going to reply last night, but I kept getting kicked out with the god damn script errors. FUcking explorer!!! ARRGGG!!

Anyways, we have It's hard to Write with a Small Hand (1996). And I was wrong about something. Eric plays guitar and sings for this band, but he also plays drums in another band Cannabis. I guess they are playing here in Rochester this week or something, (Cannabis).

Track List of the Lethargy CD is:
Careborne
Humor Me
Create
Spill
Erased
Medley
Spineless
Thread
Among
Humorless

SEE YA