Maryland Deathfest XI : May 24-27, 2012

Are you going to MDF 2012?

• Definitely going - want to share a room.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Definitely going - do NOT want to share a room.

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Probably going - want to share a room.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Probably going - do NOT want to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure if I'll go - want to share if I do.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Not sure if I'll go - do NOT want to share if I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably not going.

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Definitely not going.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.V.V.V.V.

Houses Ov Mercury
Jan 20, 2004
Dracut, MA
Hey dudes. Figured I'd start this up now because I'm already pumped for next year's MDF. I was unfortunately unable to be in attendance this past fest due to reasons out of my control that many of you know about, but I'll be ready to make the trek once again in '12!

You know how this goes...discuss bands, get psyched, share updates and generally be metal as fuck and awesome. Please use the above poll to indicate your status regarding attendance of the fest and preferred cohabitation arrangements! I doubt many people will be able to commit so early on but I hope we can get a good contingent willing to throw in for a party in 2012!

If anyone has suggestions and stuff for this main post, please let me know. I'm sure Grant(aroonie) and some others will help out with the organization of these matters as they are wont to do.

CURRENT LIST OF BANDS PLAYING THIS FUCKING THING:

MORBID ANGEL
GODFLESH
ELECTRIC WIZARD
AUTOPSY
NAPALM DEATH
SAINT VITUS
ANVIL
EYEHATEGOD
SUFFOCATION
ARTILLERY
MORGOTH
CONFESSOR
WINTER
CHURCH OF MISERY
TSJUDER
DEMIGOD
UNSANE
HORNA
SARGEIST
BETHLEHEM
DØDHEIMSGARD
INTERMENT
DESASTER
NEGURA BUNGET
MACABRE
HELLBASTARD
NOOTHGRUSH
GHOUL
DEMONICAL
THE DEVIL'S BLOOD
RWAKE
HAEMORRHAGE
DEVIATED INSTINCT
TODAY IS THE DAY
DISMA
OCTOBER 31
ULCERATE
THE DAY EVERYTHING BECAME NOTHING
LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER
DRAGGED INTO SUNLIGHT
COKE BUST
AGENTS OF ABHORRENCE
NASHGUL
NAUSEA
COUGH
BLOODY PHOENIX
INFERNAL STRONGHOLD
CASTEVET
BACKSLIDER

ahem...that's about it. TALK AMONGST (Y)OURSELVES.

I would to love to be able to go, but a few hangups prevent me from even considering planning for this event.

1)My lack of tolerance and patience when dealing with large crowds of people.

2)As I get older I find it more difficult to spend 3-4 plus hours at a time standing around.

3)My experience with past music Festivals is that after 3-5 hours all the music starts to sound the same.

4) The end of May is crazy enough with the school year winding down. I would be hard pressed to take any days off around the event, which would be necessary. If it was a couple of weeks later then I might consider going, but probably only for one day.

Electric Wizard means I'll probably go. Also, I'm old enough to have the autonomy, so consider me a probably.

I don't have school around the time, I haven't been to a festival and I'll have significant amounts of dough.

HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!

This year is too good to pass up. I'll be going but I doubt I'll need to share a room. I'll probably get a room with a few friends. The Tremont is pretty awesome so I may end up booking a room there if the rates aren't too high.

Where is the "Are you fucking kidding me? Of course I am going!" option. The lineup still isn't exactly the best thing I've ever seen, but the newest additions are very nice and appealing. But I'd probably go just to get drunk as fuck with everyone.

Really, just hanging out with all the metal bros is worth it alone. Throw some awesome bands in there and you got a kick ass time.

Probably going. As I said before, I budget in the longterm, and if I end up having a shoestring budget next Spring, I may have to forfeit.

That said, I'll make every effort to attend, and if I can, I will offer my car to transport three or four other lucky New Englanders down to the fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.