Mastering c-cassette -stuff for CD

tomijm

Who? Me?
Oct 8, 2008
Finland
www.evemaster.net
Hey,

I just realized that I have tons of cool cassettes (demoes, rehearsals, etc) lying around and I decided to move at least some of the stuff on CDs. I have been moving the stuff from cassettes to laptop: deck -> FP10 -> Sonar. Now I've been wondering if there are some cool tricks I could try to get the cassette quality sound a bit more like CD quality. :)

-tomi -

Hey,

I just realized that I have tons of cool cassettes (demoes, rehearsals, etc) lying around and I decided to move at least some of the stuff on CDs. I have been moving the stuff from cassettes to laptop: deck -> FP10 -> Sonar. Now I've been wondering if there are some cool tricks I could try to get the cassette quality sound a bit more like CD quality. :)

-tomi -

EQ is the most likely thing that you can do, but its really case dependant because of wear and tear aspect of the cassettes. But if you have for example an old iron maiden cassette, open a song in sonar and get the cd version of the same song and import it too. check the song in a spectrum analyzer and compare it to the cd version. use it as a reference and then do the same thing for all the other cassettes. also slight noise removal could be one thing that you could do.