Mastering hardware or software??

mjgg6

Jun 17, 2003
Canary Islands Spain
Visit site
Hello there dudes,

I was searching for info on the net about Mastering Tools (hardware and software), and what I have found is a big doubt :) is hardware better than plugs???
I started looking at Finalizer 96k, but in some forums I have read that a TC powercore with Master X5 plug is the same tool but cheaper.
Then I looked at System 6000 and founded the same thing, because you can use the MD3 (System 6000 algorithsm) in a powercore hardware or TDM.

What do you think??
What are the advantages of using a powercore over the plug itself?
Should I go to Waves directly? (I was thinking about buying the SSL 4000).
What about duende ssl vs waves ssl?

NOTE: Sorry for my bad English :rolleyes:

Cheers.

I think that the real hardware tools always sound better then the emulation (universal audio/neve/ssl/api...) but your question about the digital tools is very good.
I think digital tools like the finalizer are working with algorithm, so there must be a way you can do all the work the Tc Finalizer does on your Pc ore mac.
So any ideas?

Sorry i´ve never used a finalizer
pero me agrada ver a otro canario por aqui^^
Saludos ;)

A friend of mine works as a developer for a really well known hard- and software manufacturer. According to him the software solution is developed to give you about 90% of the performance of the actual same hardware unit. This is because the hardware has a way higher return on investment.

I think that the real hardware tools always sound better then the emulation (universal audio/neve/ssl/api...) but your question about the digital tools is very good.
I think digital tools like the finalizer are working with algorithm, so there must be a way you can do all the work the Tc Finalizer does on your Pc ore mac.
So any ideas?

I have found a Powercore compact in 400 bucks including the Master X3 so we have a finalizer in less than half the price of the 96K. And the price for MD3 is about 500$, it seems like a good deal to have the System 6000 Algorithms working.

Cheers.