Mastering Ozone Match EQ

Jun 12, 2012
Hey,

just wanted to match eq a LITTLE LITTLE bit in the mastering chain with ozone. Problem is that everytime i set the match eq on a other song the match eq from the first jumps to the setting of the second song. is there anyway to break the connection between Ozone?

Not exactly sure what the problem is, probably an error on your end tbh. Regardless I'm going to save you the heartache and tell you to not match eq your mix. If anything just playing around with an EQ on the master bus and see what actually makes your mix sound different from what you are comparing it to. Match Eq'ing may work as a quick way to make an okay guitar sound, but on an entire mix? I'm pretty sure you would have to be playing the same exact song note for note and everything would have to be in the same tuning including toms, kick etc. for it to even be remotely feasible

This is very subtile. The Problem is i have 6 songs everyone with ozone for mastering purpose. And Evertime i open Ozone it take the settings of the ozone i edited before. I Edit Song 2 -> open the edited song 1 ... -> settings from Song 2 ... do you know what i mean?

Match EQ is in ozone that must have a reason. for very subtile settings 20% (tahts 0,3 db at max) its very good i think.

Why don't you match-eq Song 1, save the eq curve as preset, then match-eq song 2 and so on... And when you later return to a previously edited song you just load the corresponding preset in you eq

Why don't you match-eq Song 1, save the eq curve as preset, then match-eq song 2 and so on... And when you later return to a previously edited song you just load the corresponding preset in you eq

I have the same problem, and if I save as preset it doesn't load well, when I change the project the preset is just a reset line. :bah:

wrote the izotope support but i didnt get an answer. Is there nobody how had the same problem and actually solved it?

I've gotten into the habit of always turning a successful match EQ into an impulse. 1) it requires way less CPU. 2) much faster than loading presets. That being said my Ozone presets work just fine.