Master's Hammer is back.

I emailed the band about the bootlegs since i was kind of curious..

Hi Steve,

I call it bootleg, but most probably it's something worse - namely ignoring the band, issuing records without our knowledge and approval. I repeat, I don't know who NWN is, nobody from that company contacted us. We never signed anything that allows NWN to make our records. More on that here: http://www.mastershammer.com/bootleg.html
If we keep it going, maybe in future labels will not need us (bands) anymore, they'll just pick audio from pirate servers and press and sale vinyls from it. It must be stopped.

Franta

So if it was that easy for me to contact the band why couldnt YK do the same..? fuck, i was kind of hoping the band didn't consider these bootlegs anymore.

I emailed the band about the bootlegs since i was kind of curious..

Hi Steve,

I call it bootleg, but most probably it's something worse - namely ignoring the band, issuing records without our knowledge and approval. I repeat, I don't know who NWN is, nobody from that company contacted us. We never signed anything that allows NWN to make our records. More on that here: http://www.mastershammer.com/bootleg.html
If we keep it going, maybe in future labels will not need us (bands) anymore, they'll just pick audio from pirate servers and press and sale vinyls from it. It must be stopped.

Franta

So if it was that easy for me to contact the band why couldnt YK do the same..? fuck, i was kind of hoping the band didn't consider these bootlegs anymore.

When did you get that? I read something from YK where he said everything was ok now that Osmose talked to them and explained the license agreement.

The "Bootleg cause" - The Conclusion.

Dec. 10, 2009.

Yosuke / NWN writing:

Hello Storm,

I'm writing to extend my sincere apologies for any problems caused by the Master's Hammer 4 x LP vinyl reissue that I licensed from Osmose Productions. It was not my intent to disrespect Master's Hammer. I am a big fan of your work and thought I was doing a tribute to the legacy of the band when I approached Herve about the vinyl reissue. At the time of the license agreement, I made every attempt to contact you through your website to no avail. I was under the impression that Osmose had the contractual right to license the two albums to a third party.

Again, I want to stress that I did not mean to disrepect the band in any way. I am sorry that I did not contact you sooner to explain the situation.

Thanks,

Yosuke

Franta answering:

Dear Yosuke,

I'm glad you're writing. In our past, there were years of silence, but
it doesn't automatically mean that our old records are unlimitedly
free to use for Hervé or for anybody. Every release intent must be
approved by the band, but if artists don't respond, it generally means
that they don't agree. Hervé had exclusive rights for Ritual,
Jilemnice Occultist and Šlágry for Osmose only. But he has no paper
with my signature allowing him to pass it to NWN.

The biggest surprise to us was when we saw the vinyls in Loděnice
factory a couple of weeks ago where we put our new album for pressing.
it's just 30 minutes by car from my house! If I was told in time, I
could have a look on its design and quality, everything could be more
than ok.

Friends from Root and other bands say you are honest man, and I trust
them. Now I know the failure is not on your side.

Bottom line: the unauthorized records was partly one of triggers to
Mantras, so I think the end is happy.

Friendy:

Franta

Every release intent must be
approved by the band, but if artists don't respond, it generally means
that they don't agree

Something about this seems like a lame excuse. Then again, it is also not right to assume they think it's fine if they don't reply.