Master's Hammer is back.

October 15, 2009:
Some bloggers around wonder why hit the studio after so many years and whether M. H. will play live? Instead of answering personally, I think this can be useful for many. We, old members of a non-existing band, are having meetings sometimes, mostly in pubs, and nowadays we have our own occupations for living. We've never earned money from music, and this is not likely to change even with the new album. Necrocock, Monster and me have their own one-man projects doing noise of our own taste. We are dependent only on the strength of inspiration, which can catch you and us equally without warning, and may result in creation. Let us be surprised.
According to our age and incompetence, we will never play live anymore.

October 27, 2009:
Gathering before the final studio session:

IMG_0106004.jpg

Master's Hammer in studio

IMG_0116008.jpg

Storm and Voral in the vicinity of the studio

IMG_0105003.jpg

Monster (in front) with Martin Vrana, the painter

IMG_0113005.jpg

Another shot with main composers

I'm almost disappointed that I expected them to look any differently than they do now.

I didn't know my granddad Yovan was in Master's Hammer! LMAO

I'm almost disappointed that I expected them to look any differently than they do now.

Looks like they are competing with Jirí Walter for oldest figures in the black metal scene. Good ol' bunch of Czech grandfathers gathering to reminisce about the old days of Satan and Czech folklore.

Looks like they are competing with Jirí Walter for oldest figures in the black metal scene. Good ol' bunch of Czech grandfathers gathering to reminisce about the old days of Satan and Czech folklore.

Yeah, which is fucking cool. But I knew how they look so I'm not surprised like Matt is :lol:, Nec, you're dissapointed in how all the czech people outside of Prague look (even people from Prague outside of Prague). :lol:

EDIT: If they're not fucking poseurs or corpsepainted treepeople like Trollech.

BTW, some release info:

The release date of the new album is still unclear, but is approaching. At the moment we can only say that it's going to be produced by ourselves, and sold by Stormtype.com. The production package will include 8-track vinyl with 13-track CD. We're still not sure whether you'll like it more as bundle or separately. Any suggestion welcomed.
We'll post some mp3 samples here at the day of release.
Stay tuned.
Your team: stormtype|at|gmail.com

So they just do everything by themselves. I think Franta will be surprised by the demand after the new album, which will be fucking massive.

MH said:
November 5.:
Done. The recording and mixing sessions have been finished. Today, me and Vlasta are going to vinyl/CD factory to pass the work for pressing and printing. The good news is that we squeezed the total of nine tracks onto vinyl, but it might cause some additional mastering difficulties. The CD will definitely contain previously announced 13 hits. Even with a couple more days needed on sound adjusting, you shall get the new Master's Hammer album by the end of November.

\m/

Overall, on a first impression, they seem pretty darn good. The deep vocals on songs like "Cervene blato" and a few others provide a nice contrast with the regular growls/rasps. Also, some of the tracks don't sound very "black metal-y", but I'm okay with it. It'll be interesting to compare with their earlier albums, especially The Jilemnicky Okultista since, according to the subtitle, this is also supposed to be like an opera (an operetta)

edit: haha I was listening to the samples, and one came on and I thought to myself, "Wow, this sounds familiar". Then I saw it was the "Jama Pekel" remake :lol: that explains it.

This will require some serious getting used to.

It's not just the remake of "Jama Pekel" where I hear melodies reused from the first two albums, by the way. Check out "Tympan" and "Epitaf" for example.

It's all fake. There's no evidence whatsoever. They put two email adresses and refuse to answer to the mails, and there's nothing even remotely czech, like, you know, the band was always putting information in czech. Changing MA site linking to this site is nothing more of anything. Mods should close this thread and NWN/Osmose should deal with the faggotry.

I have to laugh at this now... ever the hostile Onder.

The album leaked today.