Mastodon's The Hunter Leaked

Revell

Mother Puncher
Aug 17, 2008
New Zealand
Thought I'd make a new topic about it so more people might read it. Currently on Thickening, and it sounds amazing. It's up on Youtube too.

Edit: Just finished my first full listen, and holy fucking shit. The Sparrow is one of the most mind blowing tracks Mastodon has ever done, beyond epic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8RvJ8N_MS8&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

That song was cool. Beyond epic though? Bit of a stretch I think.

We must be hearing it with different ears. It takes a few listens to sink in, and as an end to the album it's perfect. Not a stretch at all.

Yeah have to agree that Creature Lives is an awesome track, just shows how much diversity this band has. Pretty anthemic, can see that one getting a lot of crowd involvement live.

I think the 'strictly metal' listeners will find plenty to dislike, but it's no fun if everyone agrees. ;)

The Sparrow was pretty nice, but if you think that it is beyond epic, you should probably listen to some proper post-metal/rock and have your mind blown off to Jupiter.

Oh I listen to plenty of proper post-metal/rock. :p Some of the best music there is. "Beyond epic" was more of a "holy fuck, new Mastodon" reaction than anything, but I still stand by it as an amazing and very beautiful track. Loving this album a lot.

On the title track now. A few of the songs have been really great. Some.... Not so much. I'll post back when it finishes.

EDIT : I give it a 7 out of 10. It's good.... But not their best. This in my opinion is their worst album (other than Remission which I don't own). Didn't like Creature Lives. Nothing stood out from that one for me. My favorites are The Octopus Has No Friends and All the Heavy Lifting.

Oh, and the screams in Blasteroids (I think) were absolutely atrocious.

Listen #2, START.

EDIT 2 : Listen #2 did nothing to add to the music. My opinion has not changed.

On the title track now. A few of the songs have been really great. Some.... Not so much. I'll post back when it finishes.

EDIT : I give it a 7 out of 10. It's good.... But not their best. This in my opinion is their worst album (other than Remission which I don't own). Didn't like Creature Lives. Nothing stood out from that one for me. My favorites are The Octopus Has No Friends and All the Heavy Lifting.

Oh, and the screams in Blasteroids (I think) were absolutely atrocious.

Listen #2, START.

EDIT 2 : Listen #2 did nothing to add to the music. My opinion has not changed.

You should probably get the album which is by far their best