Matt Barlow leaves Iced Earth....

You're right. I don't care if Schaffer is the Puppet Master, the point is that IE was one of the few bands where I liked there newer stuff better than old, and most of that can be thanks to Matt Barlow's voice. They will never be the same. I refuse to buy The Glorious Burden.

Brent said:
You're right. I don't care if Schaffer is the Puppet Master, the point is that IE was one of the few bands where I liked there newer stuff better than old, and most of that can be thanks to Matt Barlow's voice. They will never be the same. I refuse to buy The Glorious Burden.
Yeah, everyone's all so hung up on Schaffer and how great he is, when in the post that he posted about Barlow leaving... 70 % he talked about the 9/11 accident...

Nonetheless, Barlow is a fucking god and I will always respect the stuff that he done.

Fucking Shame that Larry Tarnowski is gone aswell... this band is going to shite...

larry tarnowski was never a good lead player, nor has he contributed to the song writing really, therefore I could give less of a shit that he left. I'm sure iced earth's next lead player will be better than him, easily.

Oh, he was the singer, right? Maybe they'kk get someone with an accent that doesn't sound like they've only just left deepest darkest Europe after 20 years...

This fucking sux. I don't know if any of you guys are Falconer fans, but they also lost their singer Blad too. This news is rocking our metal community. Its times like these that we must remember our Anthem, our Battle Cry.......

Metal Militia!!!!!!!!!!!
\m/

Yesterday was indeed a very sad day for me. No offense, but I actually like Iced Earth even more than the mighty Testament (although Iced Earth IMO hasn't released something as good as New Order...yet!).

I do not consider this to be the end if Iced Earth, though. Matt was indeed a great singer, but I still admire them for their music, not only for their fabolous singer. Jon will probably find a solid replacement, I know he never includes crappy musicians in his band.