Matt fucking Barlow

Reminiscence

Oblique and Nebulous
Nov 1, 2005
Lakewood, CO
I'm listening to Matt Barlow era Iced Earth right now. Do you want to know why? I fucking TALKED to him last night!

So, I'm guessing you Iced Earth fans know that he now works at the Georgetown Police Department in Delaware and has a band with the police force or something. My friends tracked down the number for the department a while back, and we've always contemplated calling him. We did once, last time we all got drunk together, but he was out on patrol.

Last night, we were all greatly drunk once again. We have a tradition of making elaborate, hysterical prank phone calls when drinking together, but I thought of trying good ole' Barlow again. I asked for the phone, and it was ringing. There was an answer: "Georgetown Police Department, Officer Barlow speaking." Being stinking drunk, I asked if Officer Matt Barlow was there. Of course, he replied that I was indeed speaking to officer Matt Barlow.

My friends and I all passed the phone around, telling him how awesome he was in Iced Earth and how Iced Earth got us all into metal. He was mostly modest about it, saying stuff like, "that's cool man". We let him get back to work after a couple of minutes, but we hope we resparked something in him. We hope he finds his calling again. \m/

Hey once I was at this dude's house and we flipped through the phone book until we found a Mike Hunt and called and said "hey, are you Mike Hunt?" and then laughed and hung up.

AND THEN HE TRACED THE NUMBER AND KEPT CALLING BACK EVERY FIVE MINUTES saying "I'M GONNA THROW A BRICK THROUGH YOUR FUCKING WINDOW" until we turned the ringer off on the phone and ignored it.

That guy has issues.

Chromatose said:
Hey once I was at this dude's house and we flipped through the phone book until we found a Mike Hunt and called and said "hey, are you Mike Hunt?" and then laughed and hung up.

AND THEN HE TRACED THE NUMBER AND KEPT CALLING BACK EVERY FIVE MINUTES saying "I'M GONNA THROW A BRICK THROUGH YOUR FUCKING WINDOW" until we turned the ringer off on the phone and ignored it.

That guy has issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh my gooses, winner.

Matt Barlow works for G-town PD? Woah. How'd I not know that? I live about a 1/2 hr from there. I'll have to take my IE collection down and bother him to sign the shit. What the hell possessed him to go to G-town PD? It's a lame chicken-farm town in lower Delaware. I guess he wanted to do some good in a community, and picked a quiet (read:lame) town so as not to get hurt. I wonder if he's had to choke any chickens while on duty.

why ... why ... why has he cut his hair

2005georgetownplayer.jpg