Matt recording vocals for new demo

It's doubtful it'll be anywhere near that soon, at all. A year from winter would be a much better guess. Theocracy takes a long time to perfect their music, and they also all have full-time day jobs. But it's always worth the wait.
Do you know what their day jobs are? I know Matt is an audio engineer.

I will let the other guys speak if they wish to divulge. I am a pharmacist in a hospital. I have a full time schedule, but I have every other week off which is how I have a good bit of time to devote to music.
That's a nice schedule. And a nice job! Do you have a dream job or are you living it?

That's a nice schedule. And a nice job! Do you have a dream job or are you living it?

It is a nice schedule once you adjust to pulling 80 hours on the weeks I work. Definitely not a perfect job, but I don't think I could find anywhere better that would fit my life so well. My colleagues and I all work together better than probably any pharmacy I've worked in.

It is a nice schedule once you adjust to pulling 80 hours on the weeks I work. Definitely not a perfect job, but I don't think I could find anywhere better that would fit my life so well. My colleagues and I all work together better than probably any pharmacy I've worked in.
That sounds arduous, but perhaps lucrative if you work for a nice hospital. Its good to hear that you get along well with your coworkers. What would define your perfect job?

That sounds arduous, but perhaps lucrative if you work for a nice hospital. Its good to hear that you get along well with your coworkers. What would define your perfect job?

There are a lot of perks if you can handle pulling that many hours a week (pay, saves PTO having every other week off, etc.) working a primarily evening based schedule. I work for a mid-sized hospital that's part of one of the largest for-profit hospital corporations in the country. Hospital is much more enjoyable for me than retail pharmacy. Not always glamorous, but it's a good mix of staff and clinical pharmacy responsibilities for someone who just got out of school a couple years ago. I think I have about as close to a perfect job as I'll find though it is frustrating at times like many pharmacist jobs can be.

There are a lot of perks if you can handle pulling that many hours a week (pay, saves PTO having every other week off, etc.) working a primarily evening based schedule. I work for a mid-sized hospital that's part of one of the largest for-profit hospital corporations in the country. Hospital is much more enjoyable for me than retail pharmacy. Not always glamorous, but it's a good mix of staff and clinical pharmacy responsibilities for someone who just got out of school a couple years ago. I think I have about as close to a perfect job as I'll find though it is frustrating at times like many pharmacist jobs can be.
I'm glad you got the job. Did you get a degree in the medical field?

I'm glad you got the job. Did you get a degree in the medical field?

Yes. All pharmacists are required to obtain a doctor of pharmacy degree. This generally involves 2-4 years of undergraduate studies to complete a pre-pharmacy curriculum and then 4 years of pharmacy school. My total time after high school to my doctor of pharmacy degree was 7 years. Hospital work is harder to get into straight out of pharmacy school nowadays, but I worked in a hospital during school and was willing to move to get my foot in the door. The schedule wasn't originally the week on week off though...that became available last year.

Yes. All pharmacists are required to obtain a doctor of pharmacy degree. This generally involves 2-4 years of undergraduate studies to complete a pre-pharmacy curriculum and then 4 years of pharmacy school. My total time after high school to my doctor of pharmacy degree was 7 years. Hospital work is harder to get into straight out of pharmacy school nowadays, but I worked in a hospital during school and was willing to move to get my foot in the door. The schedule wasn't originally the week on week off though...that became available last year.
You sound like a dedicated individual. What would you say is your favorite part of the job?

You sound like a dedicated individual. What would you say is your favorite part of the job?

Making clinical recommendations to nurses/physicians and assisting with questions. And clinical pharmacy activities though I don't mind basic order entry either. Lately I feel more like tech support for nurses and physicians because we just went to CPOE (computerized physician order entry) and electronic medical records. They're not used to entering orders in a computer like we have for years, so some of them are having a hard time adjusting.

Patrick, that's a pretty interesting/ impressive career path you've taken. I've always encouraged my children's gravitation to primary fields of critical necessity (e.g., medical, energy and food production/ distribution, etc.) for <now> obvious reasons - you are well situated indeed, with an impressive academic background to boot... which is somehow unsurprising :) My wife is a NICU III nurse at the primary children's hospital for the s. Texas region, while I have 2 more kids in college for related degree's (1-NNP, 1-PreMed) and another with a masters working at Mercy Hospital (St. Louis). Considering the expense in time, effort and money I witnessed with my kids as well as a nephews experience (also a pharmacist), I am impressed that you were able to earn a rather difficult series of degree's - all while keeping your drumming skills sharp. In consideration of these facts and your becoming a part of Theocracy, it would seem to me you have a just about perfect outlet to apply your skills and abilities... a real blessing for all of us.

Thanks for sharing some insights as to your career/ background... looking forward (even more, now) to seeing what you and Theocracy create in the years ahead.
Rob

Patrick, that's a pretty interesting/ impressive career path you've taken. I've always encouraged my children's gravitation to primary fields of critical necessity (e.g., medical, energy and food production/ distribution, etc.) for <now> obvious reasons - you are well situated indeed, with an impressive academic background to boot... which is somehow unsurprising :) My wife is a NICU III nurse at the primary children's hospital for the s. Texas region, while I have 2 more kids in college for related degree's (1-NNP, 1-PreMed) and another with a masters working at Mercy Hospital (St. Louis). Considering the expense in time, effort and money I witnessed with my kids as well as a nephews experience (also a pharmacist), I am impressed that you were able to earn a rather difficult series of degree's - all while keeping your drumming skills sharp. In consideration of these facts and your becoming a part of Theocracy, it would seem to me you have a just about perfect outlet to apply your skills and abilities... a real blessing for all of us.

Thanks for sharing some insights as to your career/ background... looking forward (even more, now) to seeing what you and Theocracy create in the years ahead.
Rob

Thanks for the kind words! It has worked out well for me, but I can't say I anticipated landing where I did with such a favorable work schedule for applying my other love of music. However, I think it definitely ideal for a genre of music that is so unlikely to provide enough financial support to live a comfortable life. But this way music is just about passion and not money, and I sustain myself well through my profession. So it's an ideal balance. And I fully agree with your thoughts on career choice. I've seen too many people make poor career choices because they didn't really know what they were getting into or they just pursued music and found it couldn't sustain them financially. I feel like I have the best of both worlds.

I actually practice a lot more now that I am out of school and playing in a band again. It was harder to practice outside of normal band practices while I was in school. But I get a lot of playing in on my off weeks now, and it has helped me a lot. I anticipate continuing that practice now that the PPUSA show is over, and I feel like the focus now should be new material!

....a genre of music that is so unlikely to provide enough financial support to live a comfortable life.

Then why not modify/ diversify further? Not leaving the genre entirely, but rather expanding beyond it... e.g., evolving. I've looked up M. Smiths "Ghost" and "Storms a Comin" video's, and he certainly demonstrates great ability/ talent therein - and perhaps (obliquely) similar contemplations. Also, looking at the songwriting credits, it looks like everybody contributes - as such, even more opportunity should abound.

Staying true to your hearts, talents, and vision is admirable and necessary - and yet the fact remains that each of you guys have families to support. I for one would be extremely happy to see Theocracy succeed and grow to a far greater degree - (somewhat selfishly, I admit :) ) it would mean more time and energy to create more incredible music, with the tertiary benefit (a positive feedback loop, as it were) in that this would increase exposure and demand for more concerts/ ticket sales - where I would suspect the bulk of a bands money is earned. As I've mentioned before, our world needs the message of Jesus Christ more desperately than ever, and having the finances to enable more frequent albums and touring would reach, bless and lead many that would not otherwise be reached to turn to the Lord.

Look, doubtless you realize all this and far more than this non musician ever can - just another fan here, throwing in my II cents worth: Theocracy should be a more prominent group, with consequently greater reach and influence of the Godly kind :). Money is not the functional sum of this equation, per se - it is instead the benefits that money as a slave (instead of it being the master) that can be put to work to increase freedom from absolute necessity of outside income/ flexibility to spend more time creating music to glorify God.

In any event, hope this is sensible enough (although likely useless... the Lord will no doubt lead) - in any event, I pray that God leads, directs and empowers yourself, the band and your families - God Bless you all!
Rob

^^^valid points, Rob. I agree. Power metal is a very small niche. If iron maiden and iced earth can make it, then I surely hope that Theocracy can also

Hello guys! This is awesome to hear! I've been on a hiatus because of work and school but I am back for now. This sounds great, as usual! Gotta love some Theocracy!

Then why not modify/ diversify further? Not leaving the genre entirely, but rather expanding beyond it... e.g., evolving. I've looked up M. Smiths "Ghost" and "Storms a Comin" video's, and he certainly demonstrates great ability/ talent therein - and perhaps (obliquely) similar contemplations. Also, looking at the songwriting credits, it looks like everybody contributes - as such, even more opportunity should abound.

Staying true to your hearts, talents, and vision is admirable and necessary - and yet the fact remains that each of you guys have families to support. I for one would be extremely happy to see Theocracy succeed and grow to a far greater degree - (somewhat selfishly, I admit :) ) it would mean more time and energy to create more incredible music, with the tertiary benefit (a positive feedback loop, as it were) in that this would increase exposure and demand for more concerts/ ticket sales - where I would suspect the bulk of a bands money is earned. As I've mentioned before, our world needs the message of Jesus Christ more desperately than ever, and having the finances to enable more frequent albums and touring would reach, bless and lead many that would not otherwise be reached to turn to the Lord.

Look, doubtless you realize all this and far more than this non musician ever can - just another fan here, throwing in my II cents worth: Theocracy should be a more prominent group, with consequently greater reach and influence of the Godly kind :). Money is not the functional sum of this equation, per se - it is instead the benefits that money as a slave (instead of it being the master) that can be put to work to increase freedom from absolute necessity of outside income/ flexibility to spend more time creating music to glorify God.

In any event, hope this is sensible enough (although likely useless... the Lord will no doubt lead) - in any event, I pray that God leads, directs and empowers yourself, the band and your families - God Bless you all!
Rob

I understand. :) The way I look at it is, I like my job, and it gives me the support to fulfill myself with other things (such as music) outside of work, too. I have been the most productive practicing drums now that I am out of school and working.