Matti leaves Orphaned Land

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
SAD NEWS brothers and sisters: Matti Svatizky and Orphaned Land are parting ways. In Matti's own words:

"To all of Orphaned Land's fans,

From this moment on I will no longer be a part of the band.

We had great years together, and I think that our achievements were beyond only the musical grounds.

However, it is time for me to move on with my life. There are issues both on the personal and the professional levels that made me come to this decision, which has not been an easy one, and which I'm whole with and sure that will bring many positive things in the future.

I wish the band many more fruitful years of creation and joy, and I wish you, the fans, many more years of enjoyment of what Orphaned Land has to offer, and who knows, maybe we'll meet again someday in the future, this way or another.

Forever Orphaned…

The remaining members of Orphaned Land have issued the following statement on the news of Matti leaving the band:

"How can you sum up 2 decades with a brother and a partner? the answer is simple: you can't.

Matti is deeply immersed in "Orphaned Land" history and his uniqueness will surely be missed.

All we can do is respect Matti's decision and wish him the best the future can offer for him.

"Orphaned Land" was always a home for friends and shall remain such a place for Matti.

Forever Orphaned, beloved brother!"

A sad day! I personally wish Matti all the best.

More on the official band fansite: http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/site/lang/en/2012/06/11/matti-svatizky-leaves-orphaned-land/

ol-tlv-2011-12-0051.jpg