MAXON

DURBANS

Feb 2, 2005
Hi again

I'm sorry I ask this but I'm actually on the run and have no time to use the search function right now, I hope you can help me and understand that.

I've always heard Andy and you guys talking about MAXON Overdrives and there was a particular model or something that you always use, can't rememeber if it was OD9, OD808 or OD820. I'm sure it was one of those in particular.

Just need to know which one was it to compare prices and availability. Oh, by the way, are these better than IBANEZ pedals in someway? Thanks!

Durbans, seriously if you want to know whats going to work best, Do check out Andys a/b comparison of the Ibanez and Maxon.

To my ears there reaalyy isnt much difference. I personally prefer the Maxon OD808, or The Moded ts-9.

Good luck in your search.

Search function works great.

Andy likes his newly modded Ibanez TS-9 and his Maxon OD820.

I've had an SD-1, TS-9, and now own a Maxon OD808. It kicks the crap out of the Ibanez and Boss.

Okay, so the OD820 is the one right? I mean, which one of those was used for the Arch Enemy albums?

I ask about MAXONS since I remember reading about them a lot in the forums and there was a model often mentioned by all of you, I guessed it was the OD820 but I'm not sure. Help me...

Just a question

What's the difference between Maxon and Ibanez? Meaning, which one is "the original" and why are their models named the same? I don't get it.

Okay, so getting straight now, which one is "better", the OD808 or the OD820 (both Maxon), I mean, one costs $120 or so, and the OD920 costs around $200. What is the major difference and well, which one is Andy's choice for the albums he has recorded lately (and why)?

INAB, Andy has seemed to favour the OD820 in the past, however he seems to be rather smitten with the modded pedals he's been playing with recentely. Like most pieces of gear though, it will depend on the player and project at hand.