May 10- support local metal for FREE

Steph Harris

Maidens' Bass
If you're not doing anything Sat May 10 and would like to get a bit of FREE entertainment, 2 local metal acts ,The Haunting and Reactor, will be playing at Coconuts in Capo Beach, Ca. The address is 34235 Doheny Park Road, Capistrano Beach, CA (949)487-2787. Field of Vision, a blues based rock band that I play in, will be opening . Show starts at 9pm. No cover. :)

Thanks for the tip Steph!
I haven't been to that place in years.
Not much going on Saturday, so I'll try to make it.
04.gif
:wave:

ROTLD said:
Thanks for the tip Steph!
I haven't been to that place in years.
Not much going on Saturday, so I'll try to make it.
04.gif
:wave:

I've played Coconuts before with my cover band and from what I remember they do NOT like loud bands at all and you have to bring your own sound system. It will be interesting to see how metal bands do there.

drumslut said:
I've played Coconuts before with my cover band and from what I remember they do NOT like loud bands at all and you have to bring your own sound system. It will be interesting to see how metal bands do there.
Yeah from what I remember its a restaurant / bar type place. My old band played there too in like '93 or '94; sounds like things may not have changed. At least its a free show or a free rehearsal for the bands.
03.gif
Hopefully they have reinforced or better yet built a better stage.
34.gif

drumslut said:

FOV will be providing sound system and lights that night. It's a little extra work..but we're doing our part for original bands!:) This is a rare gig where people can come check out orig. bands for free and decide if they like what they hear. These bands do NOT have to sell tix, etc., This is win-win situation for everyone involved. As far as the venue goes..all they care about is if there are people there. So come support local acts if you can!

Steph Harris said:
FOV will be providing sound system and lights that night. It's a little extra work..but we're doing our part for original bands!:) This is a rare gig where people can come check out orig. bands for free and decide if they like what they hear. These bands do NOT have to sell tix, etc., This is win-win situation for everyone involved. As far as the venue goes..all they care about is if there are people there. So come support local acts if you can!

Good luck to ya, Steph (Wanda) and have fun! I have a gig with my cover band in Palos Verdes (same band that played at Coconuts before). Hopefully they won't mind the volume. We play 60s-70s classic rock and they kept telling us to turn down even though we weren't loud to begin with.