MaYan with special guests....

wow... a band with more members on stage than Therion... didn't think it was possible. lol.

For ProgPower XIV: Haggard! :D

44604.jpg

See, while I love Floor and think After Forever's Invisible Circles is one of the best female-fronted metal albums ever written, I thought ReVamp was pretty boring. Didn't care for the songwriting at all, unfortunately. :( Too bad, as I had real high hopes for it. Maybe I should give it another chance, but don't know if that will change...

I tend to agree. ReVamp was a mild disappointment given what I expect out of Floor.

I wanna tell you guys something about MaYaN if you don't already know it. This band is so fricken awesome that they landed a gig at ProgPowerUSA the first year in their exsistance!!!!!!!!!! I rated MaYaN as best new metal band of 2011 (review spoiler) and Quarterpast as best metal album of 2011 by a new band on my blog, Seeker of the Winterheart. I can't say enough good things about MaYaN. And for all of you who think they can be compared to Epica, think again. The only thing that the 2 have in common are band members. MaYaN is a Dutch super group. The best of the best. When you see them next year you are going to fall in LOVE with them. MaYaN is my pick for band that will kick you in the teeth when you are not looking at next years PPUSA. Don't say I didn't warn you \m/\m/

See, while I love Floor and think After Forever's Invisible Circles is one of the best female-fronted metal albums ever written, I thought ReVamp was pretty boring. Didn't care for the songwriting at all, unfortunately. :( Too bad, as I had real high hopes for it. Maybe I should give it another chance, but don't know if that will change...

This. I couldn't even finish listening to ReVamp, and I'm an enormous fan of anything (else) Floor contributes to. Hoping that MaYaN will grow on me more.

Glenn you know what you have to do now, especially for those who missed PP in 2007 (back surgery, what a great line-up I missed), is convince After Forever to get back together and play Thursday night since Floor will already be here. :)

I'm usually just lurking, but I really have to chime in for a second:

How about everyone just sit tight and wait how fast she discovers from her burn-out? Right now everyones main concern should be to wish her all the best to come back from it and not already make plans in how many bands she should sing next year. :ill:

Floor floored me several years ago with After Forever. I hope she can match it as a "special guest" to Mayan. :)

I agree with the previous poster - I hope she does recover from her burn-out by next year. Maybe this one show will be OK for her?

I think Mayan is a really intriguing pick. I've liked what I've heard so far. You want cutting edge I think Haggard would definately push the boundaries...and never say never...you see more and more Symphonic Death metal bands getting great press. My selection for cutting edge would be Dol Ammad. They take Symphonic Electronic Metal to a whole nother level and DC Cooper has sang on a couple of there tunes.

Love this song he collaberated on

this is another without his vocals

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Mayan is a really intriguing pick. I've liked what I've heard so far. You want cutting edge I think Haggard would definately push the boundaries...and never say never...you see more and more Symphonic Death metal bands getting great press. My selection for cutting edge would be Dol Ammad. They take Symphonic Electronic Metal to a whole nother level and DC Cooper has sang on a couple of there tunes.

Dol Ammad would be sweet! I think Alex Holzwarth from Rhapsody played drums on some of thier stuff

I have to tell you that Floor plays a very small roll in MaYaN. She is a back up singer so the spot light may or may not be on her at all. Laura, Simone and Floor are the greatest back up singers on the planet and I see why Mark chose them for his Dutch Super group. All in all MaYaN will impress all of you very very much all a whole unit. Great musicians all around.