Maybe Anthrax should change their name to SARS

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...geid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1052251515644

I'm bitter. They weren't going to play in Toronto with Motorhead, but at least they were going to stop by for an in-store record signing on Monday. Now they've chickened out due to SARS. C'mon guys, maybe a month ago, when there was a real risk that it was going to spread from the hospital wards to the community, that might have been a logical reason. But there haven't been any new cases in the community in many weeks. Even in the hospital where I work, we haven't been required to wear masks in three weeks. And the only people that have actually died from the disease in Canada have been older people with multiple medical problems. Are you guys that frail that you're going start postponing appearances for fear of a flu outbreak or pneumonia, too?
[/rant]

to hell with SARS!!! im heading to toronto this summer to see metallica and iron maiden, regardless of SARS, AIDS, the plague, whatever. People make such a big deal of SARS because of all the people who are dying in Asia, but they have like 2% as good a healthcare system as we do here.

I agree with you totally. I live in Toronto too, and this whole SARS thing has been totally blown out of reality by the media. At Toronto General Hospital in the month of April there were 200 deaths due to cancer, 20 deaths due to drunk driving accidents, and 4 deaths related to SARS. That was at the height of the SARS problem.Noone in Toronto is walking around wearing masks! In other words: if you come here and get SARS buy a lotto ticket ASAP!, you'd have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting SARS!