The truth about the rescue of Private Jessica Lynch

''..they heard a man's voice shout, "Go! Go! Go!" in English. Seconds later, the door burst open and a red laser light cut through the darkness, trained on the forehead of the chief resident.''

:lol:

Well who can blame them? Intelligence isnt exactly a charecteristic one would expect from the military. Let alone the us army.

Thanks for posting this, Kozmos. This particular story -- as it was happening and the U.S. media was reporting it -- made me the most disenchanted with the media, the government, and the military as a whole.

Every reporter told us for over a week that she had been shot multiple times and stabbed multiple times. It was also reported that while she was in the hospital, she was beaten and raped repeatedly. And courageous U.S. soldiers plotted and staged a rescue mission, sneaking her out past armed guards.

All bullshit.

When I first learned that she had indeed not been shot or stabbed, it was when her father was interviewed after he'd talked to Jessica. So this was at least a week after the story broke. And then we learned of Mohammed, the Iraqi who walked SIX MILES, truly risking his and his family's lives, to approach armed U.S. soldiers and tell them about her. But he's always mentioned as a sidenote, while Jessica is called the hero.

That week that we were told she'd been shot and stabbed -- it was every station saying that, not just Fox. I heard it from reporters I had previously trusted. That's not to say it's their fault entirely -- they report what they're told, and a downside of this embedded-journalist program is that they give unconfirmed reports that lack the bigger picture.

But anyway, it completely dissolved any trust I had in the American media to report on this war accurately. "People" magazine ran a cover article with her on it a few weeks ago, and in the letters to the editor of the most recent issue, two praised Jessica, blah blah blah, and the other two chastised the paper for calling Jessica the hero instead of Mohammed and even pointed out that Mohammed on the cover wouldn't have sold as many magazines. So at least some people in this country understand that, and at least "People" printed those letters.

I hope that Jessica makes the truth clear. We'll see when the TV movie airs. And I also hope that she somehow gets in contact with the hospital staff. To the U.S.'s credit, they did bring Mohammed and his family here and set him up with a pretty cushy government job, I believe.

Reactions: DE
I persoanally have always known the "cover ups" and twisting of stories by the american media, the propaganda and the endless stereotyping of anything that is not american. ive always believed to be a zionist attempt to brainwash the people of the 'most power country in the world' so the zionists may get the simpafy and support of the great 'heroic americans'.

atleast i live in an area where i can get the other side of the picture, and its funny watching how different both sides interpret the story, im not saying that there isnt any other media organization that is corrupt, arab channels are just as much as sell outs as the american media...just better suited for the arab veiwers...luckily i can interpret both, except i need help in translating the arabic newscast...

Lina said:
I'm so upset. I just told my mom about this story, and she informed me that Jessica Lynch is now claiming amnesia.

Monday, May 05, 2003

NEW YORK — Rescued POW Jessica Lynch (search) says she can't remember anything about her time in captivity in Iraq -- a huge obstacle for military investigators who were hoping the 19-year-old soldier would be the key to revealing Iraqi war crimes, Fox News has learned.

Why is it that no reporters were allowed to talk to her, and probably wont be? (see the end of the article).

This was a warstory they needed, and got. *sigh*

The least we can do is spread this around.

Very interesting.

Honestly I never heard of the multiple shootings and stabbings, I just heard she had a few broken bones and wasn't it too great a shape. This was from Fox News. Granted, I didn't watch every broadcast, but the one I did see they were not specific as to how she got her injuries.

The early reports on every channel mentioned the bullet and stab wounds. It was reported as fact that she had sustained the injuries when her unit was bombarded.

What I'm curious about is why she didn't suffer the same fate as Lori Piestewa, for example, who was in her unit and killed. I wonder if they thought she would make a good captive because of her looks (in terms of media attention) or whether they actually took more pity on her because of them or what. Who knows.

Sort of like how all the kidnapped children on the news are pretty blonde white girls? :D