Maybe there will be a change to PoS's US touring status?

I don't think it really matters how many US Pain Of Salvation fans there are, because there are obviously enough for them to have planned a US tour.

urinalcakemix said:
I wonder why, it IS THE prog/metal festival of the USA. Try going to a Motley Crue, or Jessica Simpson show w/ a PoS shirt on, and see how many people know who they are.

It still shows that they have PoS fans, buddy...

Plus, I'm pretty sure they would have plenty of people going to their concerts.. In fact if they toured the states they would be able to maybe fill up a few of their shows, who knows?

PoS is fucking great.. whether people like them or not.

I love to listen to POS but there is no way in the world that they will be doing a full US tour doing it "an evening with" style. They would have been good getting over here opening for Dream theater doing about an hours worth of material.

The only argument dissing my comment would only come from your fanboy side of your brain or heart. They like many Euro bands have many fans over here but not THAT many fands.

I think Gigantour is helpful for most bands in showing the people that might not be into the various genres of music but I don't think it would have helped POS.

I love my Prog and I dig alittle Power metal but at least I can refrain from being a typical snob to realize that the opportunity to play in front of more than just your typical crowd is a good thing.

You want to see a killer fest that is doing it right? You should search for the Fury Fest in France coming up this month. There are death metal, grind metal, hardcore, punk, and many more on 3 or 4 stages per day for 3 straight days. It gives you options to see who you like, take a drinking break when you like, and to be introduced to new bands you might not otherwise have dug.:headbang:

urinalcakemix said:
I wonder why, it IS THE prog/metal festival of the USA. Try going to a Motley Crue, or Jessica Simpson show w/ a PoS shirt on, and see how many people know who they are.

And your point is..................?

Try going to a Motley Crue or Jessica Simpson show with a __________ (insert virtually any ProgPower performing band here) shirt on, and see how many people know who they are.

It isn't about the notoriety, it's about the talent...and finding said talent, in a miasma of pop-culture dreck that's forced upon all of us.

Speaking of finding it.... I just got back from Porcupine Tree's final concert on their US tour, and the surprising size of the crowd (550-600, maybe a bit more) kinda reaffirmed my faith in my fellow music-fans. With no major notice or local publicity, basically only word-of-mouth, they still managed to draw a neet cross-section of old-school prog fans and newer-school metal fans. Not a sellout, but we were expecting maybe one-third that attendance. :headbang:

On the invasion of privacy issue....here's another one of those things that's pretty scary.

www.news.com said:
Your ISP as Net watchdog
Published: June 16, 2005, 4:00 AM PDT
By Declan McCullagh
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
TrackBack Print E-mail TalkBack

The U.S. Department of Justice is quietly shopping around the explosive idea of requiring Internet service providers to retain records of their customers' online activities.

Data retention rules could permit police to obtain records of e-mail chatter, Web browsing or chat-room activity months after Internet providers ordinarily would have deleted the logs--that is, if logs were ever kept in the first place. No U.S. law currently mandates that such logs be kept.

In theory, at least, data retention could permit successful criminal and terrorism prosecutions that otherwise would have failed because of insufficient evidence. But privacy worries and questions about the practicality of assembling massive databases of customer behavior have caused a similar proposal to stall in Europe and could engender stiff opposition domestically.

Justice Department officials endorsed the concept at a private meeting with Internet service providers and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, according to interviews with multiple people who were present. The meeting took place on April 27 at the Holiday Inn Select in Alexandria, Va......[continued]

God, the US government is becoming obsessed... Seriously, this is beyond ridiculous now...

(Waiting for the dozens of members of the board coming after me now : "It'll be all for the security of the USA...")

Okay, Daniel emailed me back......that was pretty awesome. Now Daniel Gildenlow is in my inbox. :D

Daniel Gildenlow said:
Hi Freeman,

Seems people are concerned about this since I have received this url from several people. I am glad to know that people really want to have me coming over :)
I was also happy to see this change of plans and I hope it really happens so I'll be able to come!!!

Cheers,
Daniel

Barking Pumpkin said:
Okay, Daniel emailed me back......that was pretty awesome. Now Daniel Gildenlow is in my inbox. :D

So, basically, Daniel didn't say shit one way or the other...

Typical.

Rock on!

Originally Posted by Daniel Gildenlow
Hi Amazing Fuckhead,

I am glad to know that people really want to have me coming over. I was also happy to see that change of plans, but now that US flag desecration is going to be banned, I hate your country again!!! I am going to stay in Sweden (the greatest country in the world) where I can wipe my ass with the US flag whenever I want.

Jeers,
Daniel

wow, daniel emailed me ... even though his music does nothing for me and i don't care about his political opinions.

thought you folks might want an update.

joe

LOL... funny, joe...

I especially like where Daniel said: "I was also happy to see this change of plans and I hope it really happens so I'll be able to come!!!"

ABLE to come? I hate to get caught up in semantics, but Daniel is CHOOSING not to come over... it's not like he CAN'T come. It's his decision, not the U.S. Government's.