Mayhem 2015

Quick review...

The lawn was closed so anyone who had lawn tickets got a free upgrade to the 200 sections.

The pavilion, after the lawn upgrades, was maybe 70% full.

We got there just before Hellyeah's set. They were ok, but the sound seemed a little off.

Up next was King Diamond. KD has had some kind of eye infection so under doctors orders, he wasn't wearing the makeup. It didn't affect his performance in any way. Just amazing!

And finally...SSSLLLAAAYYYEEERRRRRRRR!!!!! Slayer were...well, they were Slayer! The first half of their set was more recent material, from God Hates Us All on. From there, all classics.

Overall, a damn fine evening of metal! Well worth the $20.15 each I paid for tickets.

Quick review...

The lawn was closed so anyone who had lawn tickets got a free upgrade to the 200 sections.

The pavilion, after the lawn upgrades, was maybe 70% full.

We got there just before Hellyeah's set. They were ok, but the sound seemed a little off.

Up next was King Diamond. KD has had some kind of eye infection so under doctors orders, he wasn't wearing the makeup. It didn't affect his performance in any way. Just amazing!

And finally...SSSLLLAAAYYYEEERRRRRRRR!!!!! Slayer were...well, they were Slayer! The first half of their set was more recent material, from God Hates Us All on. From there, all classics.

Overall, a damn fine evening of metal! Well worth the $20.15 each I paid for tickets.

Maybe didn't sell enough to open the lawn, the setup for my date was a little different also with the second stage being moved from its usual area to the top of the lawn across from main stage.

The new songs from Slayer were pretty great live and King Diamond was amazing, crowd was crazy.

Funny how the Mayhem organizer and Kerry King (and now those bands I've never heard of, like Jungle Rot and Kissing Candice) are throwing the shit at each other in press.

Funny how the Mayhem organizer and Kerry King (and now those bands I've never heard of, like Jungle Rot and Kissing Candice) are throwing the shit at each other in press.

Yeah. That all started with the organizer Kevin Lyman. He basically shot his mouth off about how the tour wasn't doing well because of the headliners. Kerry King shot back by saying Lyman booked it wrong by having a bunch of shitty bands on the second stage. So of course the second stage bands fired back at King. The whole thing has been an unprofessional clusterfuck. If you have a problem, settle it in private. Not a good idea to trash talk your own tour while it's still going on.

Yeah. That all started with the organizer Kevin Lyman. He basically shot his mouth off about how the tour wasn't doing well because of the headliners. Kerry King shot back by saying Lyman booked it wrong by having a bunch of shitty bands on the second stage. So of course the second stage bands fired back at King. The whole thing has been an unprofessional clusterfuck. If you have a problem, settle it in private. Not a good idea to trash talk your own tour while it's still going on.

Pretty much.

Yeah, it was announced a while ago. It's too bad they couldn't figure things out. Bad management.