Mayhem - Grand Declaration

I've never really had any relationship to Mayhem until recently when I got Live In Leipzig. Damn what a fucked up and brilliant album (and Dead's on it :D). Maniac is a jerk. A posing jerk who throw stuff at the audience just to look evil. Grand Declaration was ok, but sucked ass compared to the old stuff.

Attila has an awesome voice by the way

LuminousAether said:
It's without a doubt their best album. Maniac's awesome Mike Patton influenced spoken word style made the album much better than any other Mayhem album, especially considering that he owns the unholy fuck out of Attila, the worst vocalist in black metal by far. The songs are technical and actually show skill, unlike Mayhem's previous works. There is actual ingenuity, progression, and innovation at work, unlike Mayhem's previous works. The album flows as a whole, the riffs are awesome, and it is Hellhammer's best drumming performance. It is definitely the most underrated album to come out of the black metal scene and Mayhem's first glimpse of talent in an otherwise completely terrible back discography.

That is without a doubt the most bizarre thing I have ever read.

Atilla's vocals fit perfectly to De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. It's one of my favourite records of all time, and I simply cannot believe that fans of black metal can dislike that record. But each to his own, of course.

LuminiousAether said:
There is actual ingenuity, progression, and innovation at work, unlike Mayhem's previous works
So, uh, you're honestly, really, with a straight face trying to claim that there was no innovation involved in the writing of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas? :D