Mbox 2/ Imac/ Logic 8 - Please help!!

Bombdeck

Newb!
May 11, 2009
I recently borrowed the mbox 2 off a friend to use with one of the new Imacs and logic 8 i bought but i can't seem to get it to work?

When i plug it in the lights on the right that gives you the option of 'DI' or 'mic' light up but the 'USB' light on the left doesn't light, so its powered but the mac doesn't seem to recognize it?
It comes with pro-tools LE, i didn't borrow the discs for that as i have logic and i thought the interface should work without it, do I need to install this for it to work?

I'm using the new 2.93 ghz dual core, 24 inch imac with osx 10.5.7 and i've done every system update, if this helps anyone answer?

If anyone could help that would be mega cool, I spent the whole of last night tearing my hair out, searching every forum for something to get it to work but to no avail.:yell:

Also this has put me off buying an mbox, can anyone recommend me an interface?
I only need one with a couple jack/mic inputs and midi inputs atm, pref with firewire. Looking to spend £300-500, thinking about getting one of the edirol ones.

Thanks

I have a M-audio fast-track pro with usb 2.0 at home. This one works perfectly after putting the cable in my macbook pro.
I think yours is broken.
Everything I put in my mac is automaticly noticed, I only once need to install a patch for my lacie sata 2 express card.

as far as i know it still works fine on my mates mac who i borrowed it from.
I hope its not broken!
Did you install the pro tools that came with it?

Yeah I'm not sure. I thought you had to use Pro Tools with those Mbox's.

Anyway. I hope this rage pic makes you feel better.

logiclolz.jpg