Help with mbox horrible and nasty noise!!!! please..

felipe-x

Dec 7, 2004
santiago, chile
PLEASE HELP!!:

so i bought this unit used on ebay like 8 month ago, and it was working cool,
i even tracked an album with this mbox1 .

so... a couple of days ago i started to hear this sound.. and then i record some gtrs and the sound was also in the bounces... and wtf :S.. i tought maybe could be the xlr cable( i bought it 1 week ago brand new) , and then i tested every line input of the mbox without the xlr cable and the sound is on all the line inputs of the mbox....

here is the sound :

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=Q01FeUNITkE5NVh2Wmc9PQ

what should i do? is this fixable? should i burn it?

thnks for any help!

When i used an Mbox1 occasionally it would do this. What worked for me was minimizing the window from the taskbar and then bringing it back up. I'm not sure if this will work for you or if you have already tried it, but i hope all works out...

I've heard of someone with simmelar problems. It drove him crazy. After a few months he came up with the sulution. He put the Mbox further away from the computer and his monitors and the problem was solved.
good luck

cobhc wins..

it was interference but not with the mbox or something like that, i have a lsd monitor.. so dont know what it is.. when i play far away the pc and my head+cab i dont have noise, i mean almost nothing, tipical cabinet noise...

one of the line inputs is like dead , but it works with the other ones.. mic trs are fine both of them

cheers