MDB Update 'For Lies I Sire'

The cover art is great, but i expect no new music from MDB =((((((((( I mean, it will be "good old doom metal" with nothing new. I was fan of "Turn loose" and "The Angel", when they released "34,788". That was reaaly fresh music, it kicked ass, it has forced my mind and my soul to THINK, to make a work just to understand!!! Sad, after that album they returned to "good old" doom-death. And i am still waiting for another kick-ass....

The cover art is great, but i expect no new music from MDB =((((((((( I mean, it will be "good old doom metal" with nothing new. I was fan of "Turn loose" and "The Angel", when they released "34,788". That was reaaly fresh music, it kicked ass, it has forced my mind and my soul to THINK, to make a work just to understand!!! Sad, after that album they returned to "good old" doom-death. And i am still waiting for another kick-ass....

If their narrow-minded fans had not befouled that album,they could have gone different territories like Paradise Lost did.It was an interesting album.Yet it remains as the only experimental work MDB ever done.

My only expectation is something close to Turn Loose The Swans.That album is completely unique.

http://www.mydyingbride.org/samples.php

Here...little sample ready from the new album. It sounds..well, not bad :)

If their narrow-minded fans had not befouled that album,they could have gone different territories like Paradise Lost did.It was an interesting album.Yet it remains as the only experimental work MDB ever done.

My only expectation is something close to Turn Loose The Swans.That album is completely unique.

+1

Aarons art on the old albums were very dark and mysterious - wonderfully gloomy and imagative (like the music) this new cover art sucks like hell - I mean, it's cheap photoshop crap, the subject is very standard and cliche, i could have done this! - I really wonder why MDB chose this to represent the new album? I hope the content, not like the art, is more imaginative. I liked the first song they put up - it sounded a lot better than their recent attempts, but the new sample sounds kinda boring - so we'll see

http://www.myspace.com/officialmydyingbride -both of the new clips.

Sadly more and more bands use these computerized photoshopped covers. They come off cheap most of the time. But I don't think these covers are all bad..just most of them. I'm still not sure about this cover...I think they just keep trying to support other artists they think might have something going for them. Pluss, that the cover somehow captured the feel of the album probably. Just my theory.

I think the new sample shows a bit of what the violinist can do and the atmosphere sounds good. You don't get much of an impression of the song no. It's a very limited clip..yup..

I didn't really like what i heard from the sample but i have a feeling im going to love the new cd either way,

I think Aaron's lost the ability to growl, honestly. The two occasions where he growled on the last album seemed very strained and forced, and from what I've heard lately he's not himself live either.

I really hope the new album will be more homogenous regarding growls than the last one. Having growls only on the final two songs made them feel way out of place

I just hope it's more inspired than the last, better production...same production as SOD,WOL would be great. Same great growling as on SOD, WOL if they must include it. Agree with Weizenkeim on the growling bit on the last album.

Santuario Di Sangue is my favorite track. Good album, I just wish there were more death vocals on this album. The ones he does use should have been in his normal death vocal style, Im not sure why he tried to make it sound different.

I have not listened to the whole thing...boring, predictable, aaron does't sing vocal lines anymore, he just kind of mumbles or croons with the riffs (even he admits the music is written first and vocals are tagged on which is probably not how it was back when) Music is not horrible but just monotonous - it's doom, but it's uninspired even with the violin back in the fold. I shouldn't have been disappointed since they haven't released a quality album in 8 years, but I was desperately hoping for something better - I'll give it a good listen again.

I have not listened to the whole thing...boring, predictable, aaron does't sing vocal lines anymore, he just kind of mumbles or croons with the riffs (even he admits the music is written first and vocals are tagged on which is probably not how it was back when) Music is not horrible but just monotonous - it's doom, but it's uninspired even with the violin back in the fold. I shouldn't have been disappointed since they haven't released a quality album in 8 years, but I was desperately hoping for something better - I'll give it a good listen again.

8 years you say? That's since The Dreadful Hours?
You didn't listen much to Songs of darkness, Words of light? That's the first album Aaron seems to have tried to sing on ever. He seldom sings really. It's more of a combination of talking and almost-singing. The violin is almost a minus in my book, because it makes the music often too predictable if they aren't careful. But yes, we'll see...

8 years you say? That's since The Dreadful Hours?
You didn't listen much to Songs of darkness, Words of light? That's the first album Aaron seems to have tried to sing on ever. He seldom sings really. It's more of a combination of talking and almost-singing. The violin is almost a minus in my book, because it makes the music often too predictable if they aren't careful. But yes, we'll see...

Yeah, "The Dreadful hours" was the last great MDB album. I don't listen much to Songs of darkness because I think it's kind of boring and it's the one that started their new style, which I think is bland. Aaron didn't always do the drone talking pseudo singing, he used to actually sing and growl and use his vocals in a variety of ways <sigh> I miss the old days.