me again...

dRIFTWOOD

Nov 15, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
yeah, i'm posting alot right now, shut up! i'm a free man for a couple more days so trying to ask for help as i think it up.
this is somewhat blasphemous, but I DON'T OWN A SINGLE SOLITARY KREATOR CD...or DESTRUCTION...or HELLOWEEN. don't ask, cause i don't have a good reason. can you guys/girls steer me in the right direction with regards to these bands? i just read a review at brave words "hardwares" saying the recent kreator was solid...help me please.

Yes, Kreator's last studio album "Violent Revolution" was a very good piece of melodic thrash work; their finest album is probably "Coma of Souls," which is BRILLIANT tech-thrash. The best place to get started, however, is recent live album "Live Kreation," which is a double live disc with just about all the hits. Great stuff.

As for Helloween, "The Dark Ride" is a really heavy, brutal, EVIL power metal album, while "Keeper of he Seven Keys Part 1" is classic European speed metal. Debut "Walls of Jericho," despite the much crappier vocals of 80s Kai Hansen, is just this side of riff-mad thrash. A lot of people swear by "Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2"...I'm not overly impressed, but that might just be me.

I don't have any Destruction either, so I'll be keeping an eye on the rest of all your recommendations, homies.

KREATOR- Extreme Aggression, Pleasure To Kill, Coma Of Souls
DESTRUCTION- Release From Agony, All Hell Breaks Loose, Eternal Devastation
HELLOWEEN- Keeper Of The Seven Keys- both parts!!- I'm not into power metal at all, but these two are fucking classic. Can't stop listening to them after all these years (and that usually happens in case of thrash albums for me), Walls Of Jericho. The 90's albums aren't really impressive