MeatlMania 2004 - short note &pics

soulflypl

Mar 2, 2003
poland
Visit site
the biggest Polish Metal-fest ltook place last saturday.

Soulfly headlining - killer show - they played four new songs from the new album that will be realeased 29.03.2004 - i really liked the new stuff, especially Mac Rizzo flamenco solo - fast fingers this guy has - could get more feeling into it bt the speed was amazing.
they brought Ritche Cavalera with them - that means we got Bleed/Tree of pain :headbang:
of course Arise/ Dead embrionic/ Refuse/ Roots Bloody ... were laso in the set :headbang: :headbang: and that sounded amazing :headbang: :headbang:

plus some Soulfly classics they usually play....

... but i must honestly say that it was Morbid-Fuckin-Angel that stole the show - lack of words - SO MUCH power&perfection - after this gig i promised myself to really look carefully what this guys have to offer in their discography.:worship: :worship: :headbang: :headbang:

what's more?

Moonspell (ok), Michael Schenker (this guy plays rock but he surely knows how to use his guitar) Tiamat (totaly not my cup of tea) Krisiun/Trauma/Decapitated - solid, brutal death - least known of these three - Trauma - was my favourite, Enslaved (didn't see much of them as i was watching&taking pics of my friends Hedfirst on a side stage - cool show) Epica (i liked the singer - she looked cool :Spin: ) and two Polish bands you don't know - Esqarial/ TSA.

had a busy night - took a lot of pics - don't have time to work on them all - but here are some samples - i especially like Trey's photo (Morbid_1), Epica_1, Tiamat is cool, Soulfly_1, Trauma_2 - check them if you got some time to spare :wave: here: http://republika.pl/yarp/metalmania/

greetzz from METALPOLAND :wave:

I saw Morbid Angel in NYC in Nov '01, they smoked. Death metal is soooo much better live. I tried like hell to get into Gateways to Annhiliation, and Domination, but I just fuckin' hate straight-up death.

Thank God for thrash...

Why the hell does soulfly play Sepultura songs, when Sepultura is still a band? That never made sense to me. Max should get his ass back in Sepultura so I can see the real Sep. play! Soulfly is pretty aweful, imo.