Medication Question (attn: preppy?)

yep, i have pretty much never felt worse than that in my life! extremely jittery, terrified-feeling, couldn't sleep for days in a row. i was even hallucinating images and sounds (aka i even thought that a smiling, burned man holding a hammer was chasing me around my house, standing above my bed, etc. haha, really REALLY bad news!)

yeah, i'm NEVER ever going on any sort of SSRI antidepressant after that experience. that was fucked up. :(

ps - sam, are you on wellbutrin SR or just plain wellbutrin? you might want to try the slow-release, if the regular wellbutrin is making you feel sick. (i was on SR to quit smoking. you only have to take it once a day.)

yeah, especially since his face was mostly this black, flaking, ashy mass! when he smiled, there was this disturbing crinkling sound, and bits of ash would fall of his face (once, onto my shoulder, and i freaked the fuck out.) then you could see all his really red gums/really white teeth, and remember, the dude was holding a fucking HAMMER.

<3 prozac withdrawal + major sleep deprivation. and by "<3", i really mean, "i'd rather shove the barrel of a hot curling iron covered in broken glass up my cooter, than to go through that sort of thing again."

coming off of zoloft once i got really shady. worst medication ever. that was a long time ago and i'm trying to block it out. but at least i didnt have any burned guys :(

two other things:

1. they should have never given me zoloft. totally wrong medication for someone like me.

2. i have seen several real burned dead people at my old internship. it's just not okay.

the_preppy said:
it depends on a person also, whether or not they react to abrupt changes in medications. some people can't even handle stopping prozac for a day. other people can come off of xanax without a problem.
I never had a problem taking two xanax occasionally when I was really pissed off (i.e. close to the point of killing people)

here's some info i found on the web:

Commonly Observed Adverse Reactions:
The most commonly observed adverse events associated with the use of venlafaxine (incidence of 5% or greater) and not seen at an equivalent incidence among placebo-treated patients (i.e., incidence for venlafaxine at least twice that for placebo), derived from the 1% incidence Table III, were asthenia, sweating, nausea, constipation, anorexia, vomiting, somnolence, dry mouth, dizziness nervousness, anxiety, tremor, blurred vision, and abnormal ejaculation/orgasm and impotence in men.

my friend luke was taking effexor and it made him jumpy and sweaty. and it never had any anti-depressant effect. poor dude.