Meet and Greet!

nickel

MDM Addict
Aug 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
nickrobillard.ca
Well I'm a happy camper. Just found out I won a Meet and Greet pass for the Vancouver show. I'm kinda wondering if anyone else around here has also won a Meet and Greet and knows what I can expect. It looks like 8 people are chosen and the main point is to get pics, get stuff signed, shoot the shit, etc...

Now I can really say joining Jesterhead was worth it :p

About Gigantour, I'm trying not to get too excited but it's hard not to. The set lists I've seen could be better and could be worse. My main concern is that IF seems to be loosing passion. I'm thinking they're doing too much these days...

Hey man, really don't worry about the setlist, and their "lack of passion."
I went, and it was wonderful. The whole night is great fun. Anders seems like he hasn't missed a beat. Better than I've seen in many live videos. But I'm sure it will be much better when they come back in November. That will be kick ass.
But meet and greet. Wow. How'd you come across those?

The show will be enjoyable, whatever these fucks say. Even JFAC were okay live. Don't miss High on Fire - they kick fucking ass live. But don't make the mistake of purchasing their album, as it kinda blows. Megadeth are damn good live. Bodom were also pretty tight, but I'm not really into their stuff, so I didn't really get the most out of their set.

I went, and it was wonderful. The whole night is great fun. Anders seems like he hasn't missed a beat. Better than I've seen in many live videos. But I'm sure it will be much better when they come back in November. That will be kick ass.
But meet and greet. Wow. How'd you come across those?

Right now it looks like just about everyone who joined Jesterhead.com AND applied (by clicking one button) won. Seriously. So I guess I'm not as lucky as I thought. haha. I'm so glad I joined though.
But yeah I'm not worried about the quality of the show - it will rock. Glad to hear the good review though. My only concern is the length of it (since they aren't headlining). But either way, I'm sure they'll be back soon.

Greetings fellow canucks! I was debating joining jesterhead and now I realize I should've!! I'll be seeing you folks friday night then! :kickass:
Hehe. Ya sucks. Noone could have guessed this would happen though. Friday night it is!

The show will be enjoyable, whatever these fucks say. Even JFAC were okay live. Don't miss High on Fire - they kick fucking ass live. But don't make the mistake of purchasing their album, as it kinda blows. Megadeth are damn good live. Bodom were also pretty tight, but I'm not really into their stuff, so I didn't really get the most out of their set.

Ya I've been forcing myself to listen to Megadeath a lot lately. I'm sure they are good live and it'll really help if I know some of their stuff. Bodom definitely have some solid shit - will have no prob getting into them.
I might miss a bit of whoever opens. (hopefully not HoF) I'll have quite a bit of stuff to get signed with me so I plan on running home and back right after the meet and greet.

Well last night went awesome. IF are extremely cool - they're as down to earth as you could hope for - what an experience. Like the fact that Jesper and Anders appeared embarrassed when I told them how much their music impacted me and how great their work was. You don't see that kind of humility in today's typical musicians.
And as for the show, WAYYYY too short (seriously felt like 15 minutes - was really around an hour) but was near perfect. I could hate on the song selection - only older tune was Bullet Ride (and that's because they lost a bet on the Sweden vs. Canada hockey game :Smug:) - but I'll save it since the songs off of ASOP sounded amazing. Hell, even Mirror's Truth sounded great - hehe - was played a lot heavier than the studio version.
All in all, an epic night (except for sucky Megadeth - shouldn't have stuck around - they just hurt my ears) - now I can't wait for the headlining tour this fall and a decent length show. :headbang:

I went, and it was wonderful. The whole night is great fun. Anders seems like he hasn't missed a beat. Better than I've seen in many live videos...

You didn't lie. haha.

So much for Anders being a "Rockstar" ... :rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time dude, very cool that you were able to meet the band and let them know how much their music means to you.

Megadeth are great, idk what you're talking about. Seen 'em twice and they always throw down a great set.

But yeah, that's cool. The gigantour setlist has been crap, but they just kick ass. Can't wait for a real tour.