Meet Emma... (puppy content)

slashvanyoung

Dopefish lives!
Jul 18, 2006
Germany
Hey guys and gals,

the last few weeks had been pretty rough. Having just slightly recovered from lots of family related tragedies and (health) issues, our 15 year old husky mix "Buck" suddenly suffered a major stroke ( a "real" stroke, a rare occurrence with dogs) which forced us to put him to sleep. :(

Batra%20u.%20Buck%20Juli%202008%20008.jpg

A devastating experience, especially for my mother who can't work anymore due to her heavy rheumatism. The dog kept her busy, gave her some prospect for life.

So, seeing how much playing with our neighbors' puppy cheered her up, my brother and I decided to surprise her with a pooch...

Meet Emma, the little pug lady:

Foto%20Z%C3%A4hler442.jpg

Foto%20Z%C3%A4hler448.jpg

(forgive the crappy quality, I forgot to set the resolution higher)

:)

I originally planned to pick up a pug from a shelter for my GF and myself (you might remember that thread) but sadly, that didn't plan out. I now got little Emma from a childhood friend of my mother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buck was indeed epic. He never ever even barked at a human. With his 15 years he was in better shape than most dogs half his age. And then suddenly this... tears my heart out. But he didn't had to suffer long and he lived a great life. I cried like a baby while I was preparing his grave.

Anyway, little Emma Pooperella does a great job at keeping spirits high. :)

ROFL! So much cute!

I know, I know, nobody would go "Awwww" if Starbreaker (see sig) were to go off on a stuffie on video, but I do. It's so cute when they get all tough on a stuffie in play. What a doll! It's even cuter when they use said stuffie as a pillow later, when they're tired. :D