Mega Man 9

Fuck that j-dubs! It feels like sandpaper and it defeats the purpose because you have to use 5 times as much to wipe effectively! GAH! Makes me angry!

3 ply is fucking awesome, but it's a bit overkill. 2 ply gets the job done just right. You just have to make sure to find the right balance between softness and strength because either it's too abrasive or it shreds apart and gets little bits of toilet paper all over. (I tried to be as non-graphic as possible there haha)

Anyway, I wasn't trying to downplay the nostalgic value of a new Megaman game in the style of a NES game, but I just think that making someone pay $10 (considering it is a NES game basically) and especially making people pay more just to use Proto Man, is just extortionate.

I get what you're saying, but it is well worth it. Most games are what... 50-60 dollars these days? Give me 5 mega man games (or 4 mega man games with downloadable upgrades) and that's well worth it to me because of the fact that it *is* nostalgic. I literally can't tell you how much adrenaline was coursing through my body when I was down to the last quarter of my life and Magma Man was nearing his demise, I had no E tanks and no more lives. When you kick that fucker's ass and he explodes, that feeling is just like being a kid again. I had this stupid fucking grin on my face for the first hour or so of gameplay. I couldn't even contain myself... it was too much fun!

Maybe it's because a lot of shit in my life sucks right now that to feel like being a kid again before i had any worries or responsibilities is well worth that money, but the game itself fucking owns. Also, Proto Man is supposed to be able to slide and use charge shots (i believe?) which would make the game a completely different experience.

Sorry for being a dick by the way. Cheers.

I literally can't tell you how much adrenaline was coursing through my body when I was down to the last quarter of my life and Magma Man was nearing his demise, I had no E tanks and no more lives.
:lol:

I don't think $10 is asking too much for such a game
shrug2.gif

Dude.. when I finnally beat Concrete Man (the first dude I played) I had a giant smile on my face and started thinking.. so this is what the 25 times I died over this stage was for... all the extremely loud metal swearing and middle fingers I pointed at the screen were all for this.. and damn.. does it feel so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEGAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:notworthy:worship:

Oh yeah dude.. You can own Magma man so easy with Tornado man's special attack weapon thing!

I should start playing some more videogames again. I have become a casual gamer for fuck's sake! Megaman is awesome, but I was never really good at those... Maybe I should try again.

Fuckin' Tornado man is a bitch and a half. it's easier to just beat magma man on his own :lol:

Tornado Man was actually the first boss that I killed. Once you are good at jumping just good enough that you make it over all of his tornados but don't jump too hard and hit the spikes on the ceiling it isn't too hard at all.

BTW, I totally agree with your earlier post. When I beat Tornado Man I just got so damn excited and kind of had a deja vu feeling of being a kid again. Ten dollars was nothing to pay for something so priceless, and I can totally relate with you on the note of having to deal with too much crap in your life right now.

Anyway, I still play a lot of new games; however, none of them have come even close to doing for me what Megaman 9 has done for a measly 10 bucks. It's not just the nostalgia really either. It seems to bring back the feeling of excitement and accomplishment I had when playing these games as a kid.

Exactly. Yesterday I completed the "Jitterbug" achievement (beat the game in less than 60 minutes). It's pretty fuckin' easy actually since you can save between levels and don't have to do it all in one go. I played through each level a few times before really going for it... you can beat most of the first 8 levels in between 2 and 3 minutes, I got out of all 8 with a 20 minute time then finished the castle in an abysmal 27 minutes. It's especially easy if you follow the order and start with splash woman (she's insanely easy) and then go from there.

My singer said they're supposed to release another stage soon for like a dollar that is apparently just fucking retardedly difficult... has anyone heard anything about that?

My singer said they're supposed to release another stage soon for like a dollar that is apparently just fucking retardedly difficult... has anyone heard anything about that?

Could that be the Endless Attack mode that has just come out? You play continuous levels at random until you die. You are ranked on how many 'screens' you pass.

Example: [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3sotWC1Rg[/ame]

Nope, whole new time attack level. Info on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_9#Downloadable_content

Gives you another Time Attack stage to try, including a new boss at the end! Results will be displayed in the Rankings. Not compatible with Challenges.

edit: 2 things. one, just watched that video... fucking AWESOME!!! I can't wait to get that next and play it!! Second, downloaded proto man... fuck that makes the game so much harder. dude takes double damage AND only gets two shots on screen instead of three. May seem like a small difference, but it makes all the difference in the world. This will be fucking FUN to play throug again!