Megadeth Fans

CliffBurton

Nov 12, 2005
Ontario
Every time I listen tot he song When on The Word Needs a Hero, I always feel tis familiar, and then it finnaly hit me.

Megadeth's When is pretty much exactly Like Diamond Head's Am I evil. Listen to them both. Start listeing to When at about 3:00, and then listen to Diamond Head.

Coincidence Metallica coverd Am I Evil in 84?

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
possibly Dave played it with Tallica back in the day and kinda rehashed the riff?

who knows... i cant be bothered to pull out that metallica bootleg with dave on guitar
A lot of riffs are similar, like FFF is Jump in the Fire, Mechanix is The Four Horsemen, 1000 Times Goodbye has riffs from NO Remorse, and the chords in the beginning of Hanger 18 are similar to the ones used in Call of Ktulu.

the night that cluiff burton died metallica drew cards to see where each member slept on the tour bus so any metallica bandmember could have died that night

For one, Disposable Hero, learn how to edit posts rather than make new, irrelevant ones.

Dave was kicked out because he WAS an alcoholic. I'm glad he got kicked out because if he didn't, there wouldn't be a Megadeth. There wouldn't be Rust in Peace, there wouldn't be Peace Sells. Friedman would have never been involved with Mustaine and neither would have Al Pitrelli.

About the cards, it was Kirk's bunk. Kirk would have died.

Moving on. A lot of Megadeth fans have noticed similarities in Megadeth songs with Metallica songs. As immature as it is/was, Megadeth was only formed to get back at Metallica. It turned into something more though. I personally think that Mustaine's writing capabilities succeed Hetfield's. Plus, Megadeth didn't come up with St. Anger. Metallica fucking blows. Megadeth fucking rules.

Unlike some of Megadeth's songs who had similarities, The Mechanix didn't have similarities of The Four Horsemen. It was The Four Horsemen, the way Dave wrote it when he was in Metallica. That's why The Mechanix was released on Megadeth's first album.

Deadnight Warrior87 said:
Nah, Mustaine is better with Megadeth, and just because he was a drunk doesn't mean anything. Have you seen the old Metallica videos? Everyone was a drunk.

True, but mustaine sucks balls on the guitar when he is sober. So pissed, he must have been unbearable.

Kirk>Mustaine

disposable hero said:
megadeth is coming to an end because they relaesed a greatest hits album which sucked

Metallica released like 6 consecutive albums that sucked :lol:

Anyway the riff similarity. Mustaine and the guy from Diamond head were supposed to do a project together, but they ended up not being able to do it. Mustaine asked if he could use the riff in am i evil, and dude said he could. I actually think he is given credit under the song in the booklet too.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
:lol: Jesus tapdancing Christ. Listen to any Metallica song released in the past 11 years.

More like 16 years.

Although I don't even like Puppets or Justice, so its like 20 something years for me :lol:

They died when they stopped using Mustaines riffs IMO. Mustaine is a dick though, I used to be a big fan of megadeth... not any more. But I still listen to a few of their songs every now and then. Looking Down The Cross is amazing. I'd like to see someone in metallica come up with that shit :lol: The lyrics, the music, the concept... the way the lyrics are put with the music... its a great song...