MegadetH New album!

Any new updates chris, I know there was the tour and all but come on ... SOMETHING !!!!!

Let us know what you ate for dinner last night at least :p

Ahahaha well,

I had a chicken burrito for dinner, oh yea and Shawn Drover, and Andy Sneap both flew in yesterday so we can get some more work done.

Take care, Chris.

Hey Everyone,

I figured I would leave a quick update to let you know how things are going. I have started running ideas Dave’s way and so far so good. Some of the things I have in the mix are: a slightly commercial metal tune, a Flamenco inspired all acoustic song (almost ready for submission), a quick paced heavy tune, Prelude and Fugue for two guitars and bass, and I have even come up with a way to embed hidden messages in the music that you more astute listeners will be able to decipher (but more on that later). All of this is just a submission so it doesn't mean that any of it will make it on the next CD (it's got to sound like Megadeth) but I think it's a good start.

Take care, Chris.

With Dave's recent studio updates: "It is official, we have nine (9) songs and sixteen (16) new ideas for additional songs." I was wondering if you could give us an update and tell us the status of any of the afore-mentioned ideas possibly making it to the disc?!

Hope your holidays are the best & look forward to a full 2009 NAMM report!!!

With Dave's recent studio updates: "It is official, we have nine (9) songs and sixteen (16) new ideas for additional songs." I was wondering if you could give us an update and tell us the status of any of the afore-mentioned ideas possibly making it to the disc?!

Hope your holidays are the best & look forward to a full 2009 NAMM report!!!

Hey Darin,

it's too hard to tell at this point. I would think it's going to come down to what Ideas are the strongest.

Take care, Chris.

Hey Chris,

Admittingly i just knew about you when you joined the ranks of Megadeth, haven't heard you play yet but right out of every forum says that your one of those top notch guitarists and could do wonders to kick in more notches to the band. Good luck w/ the new album and hope you'll get to stick around w/ Megadeth for more albums.:kickass:

Hey Chris,

I got The Year Of The Voyager dvd for Christmas and I have to say you and Jeff make that stuff look easy. I think you nailed the Nevermore stuff brilliantly, even added something to it, and I hope to see you doing the same with Megadeth at Wembley next month.

So it looks like Megadeth is going in the studio in September, FUCK YEAH! I hope the new one is fast and furious, Im looking forward to it man. Im eager to hear Chris write some fresh material to kick the crowds ass with.:kickass:

They've already been in the studio recording, which Chris is very excited about. It's on hold as they are on tour, but they've taken a pro-tools rig with them to record on the road. Whether this is to record ideas or stuff for the album, I don't know.

here is the latest update from Dave Mustaine...

Today I was able to talk with Mike Gitter from Roadrunner records, who has graciously allowed me to make this record and to let me do it without some of the ridiculous things that he was ordered to tell me, and I think we are going to have a really good record.

Lemme see, I sent him the music for Track 2, and he said, "this just got my d*ck hard," which suggest success. I am really excited about the lyrics and the title that I have chosen for this penultimate offering to Roadrunner.

We are playing tonight in Dortmund, Germany, after a day of go-karting, an evening of Mongolian bar-b-que, and all around socializing with band and crew over the last two days off. I usually do this in the first week or so of every tour to let every one know what I am looking for, what I expect, what I will tolerate, and what I won't.

We have a first rate tour again, and although we have already had one casualty, we have replaced and resumed the race at the pace that only Megadeth and its world famous crew could achieve.

Of course, that is skipping the fact that I crashed my kart yesterday at approximately 25-30 kph and the hard bucket seat cut up along my body to contour me shape and aerodymanically keep the kart as unaffected by the wind or "drag" as it is called. As the three nano-seconds expired from the first impact and my body caroming into the wall with the edge of the seat cutting into my heavy jacket, and making contact against the delicate rib area directly under my arm, about where my elbow hangs.

My initial grunt barely muffled the clear distinct cracking sound of my rib breaking, and the electrical signal that my body felt was excruciating, but nothing as bad as the mental anguish I have put myself through since, every time I think about getting hurt out here. I am always so careful, and if I wasn't so stinking competitive, I wouldn't feel like a used heavy bag right now.

We are doing great with the progress of finishing the writing of the new record out here. I have chosen a working title and I think that it is going to stick, and the record starts out with an instrumental that is very much like "Into The Lungs Of Hell," and there are 10 more songs that are really fantastic. The is one song on here that will probably touch a lot of people; "The Hardest Part Of Letting Go."

That's it for today, and to all of the members of the MFC, please check in the club for important information, regarding TheLiveLine and you being invited in to cruise the new beta site and see what you like and what you don't, and look for typos and broken links, etc.

I hope that my ribs will stop hurting soon.

MSGD!

Hello, Chris!
I'd like to ask you if there are fast songs in the way of the first three albums. I've heard that it'll be so (if I'm not wrong, James said something about it).

I hope for your answer veeeeeery much=)

Alex.