MEGADETH: New Guitarist Rumors Heat Up

this is the only thing Megadeth has done good in years. Hopefully this slows down Neverbore from doing anything for a while.

You a funny guy!
I am sure NM will have no trouble landing a worthwhile axe-man and carry on. I am actually more upset about another delay in anything Jag Panzer related, personally.

Maybe Warrel Dane solo will be appearing????

No flaming from me.
I like NM on occasion. Not much interest in seeing WD solo.

I'll be honest. Will plunked down cash so fast for this thing, that I just guessed he had some inside 411 on getting NM on this thing.

Hrmm.... Aragon...
I was hoping House of Blues.
This is a definite pass at the Aragon

April (Gigantour with Megadeth, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Job For a Cowboy, High on Fire
12 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore
13 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
15 - Dallas, TX - Nokia Theatre
16 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street Pavilion
17 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theatre
19 - Louisville, KY - Louisville Gardens
20 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
22 - New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
24 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
26 - Baltimore, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
28 - Quebec City, QC - Pavilion De La Jeunesse
29 - Montreal, QC Bell Centre
30 - Toronto, ON Arrow Hall

May
1 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
3 - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Center
4 - Cleveland, OH - Time Warner Cable Amphitheater
6 - Chicago, IL - Aragon
7 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
9 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
10 - Winnipeg, MB - Convention Center
11 - Saskatoon, SK - Prairieland Exhibition Hall
12 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Center
14 - Calgary, AB - The Corral
16 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
17 - Salem, OR - Salem Armory
19 - San Jose, CA - Event Center @ San Jose State
20 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena
21 - Los Angeles, CA - Long Beach Arena
22 - Phoenix, AZ - Mesa Amphitheatre

Hrmm.... Aragon...
I was hoping House of Blues.
This is a definite pass at the Aragon

April (Gigantour with Megadeth, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Job For a Cowboy, High on Fire
12 - Denver, CO - The Fillmore
13 - Albuquerque, NM - Journal Pavilion
15 - Dallas, TX - Nokia Theatre
16 - Corpus Christi, TX - Concrete Street Pavilion
17 - Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theatre
19 - Louisville, KY - Louisville Gardens
20 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
22 - New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
24 - Worcester, MA - Palladium
26 - Baltimore, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
28 - Quebec City, QC - Pavilion De La Jeunesse
29 - Montreal, QC Bell Centre
30 - Toronto, ON Arrow Hall

May
1 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
3 - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Center
4 - Cleveland, OH - Time Warner Cable Amphitheater
6 - Chicago, IL - Aragon
7 - Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom
9 - Minneapolis, MN - Myth
10 - Winnipeg, MB - Convention Center
11 - Saskatoon, SK - Prairieland Exhibition Hall
12 - Edmonton, AB - Shaw Conference Center
14 - Calgary, AB - The Corral
16 - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
17 - Salem, OR - Salem Armory
19 - San Jose, CA - Event Center @ San Jose State
20 - San Diego, CA - Cox Arena
21 - Los Angeles, CA - Long Beach Arena
22 - Phoenix, AZ - Mesa Amphitheatre

Wow. Ya know, it's just crappy how the Chi-town date landed too. I will most likely still be recovering from Powerfest. Whenever I head into the city during the week, I at least need to take a few hours off of work to get down there. I'll already be scrambling from taking the time off for Powerfest. Looks like this year's Gigantour is a no-go for me! I did go last year when it was at Congress. Farging hell is the sound ever bad in that place, but it was a fun time for me nonetheless.

Well, the main band I would be interested in currently is HIGH ON FIRE, who I am sure will sound oh-so-great at the Aragon.

I did see COB on the Unholy Alliance tour w/Slayer.
You could not make out any of the keys or the shredding. Not an enjoyable performance unfortunately due to the sound.

I might be more interested if I had never seen Megadeth, IF, or COB.

While a semi-ok lineup, this one will be an easy miss.

Wow!! Mustaine really can be a douche....
Look at this excerpt from an upcoming issue of REVOLVER below...

First he calls himself a "Legend", then he responds to the DISSECTION dude offing himself with, "Oh, bummer"

According to The Metal Report, the March 2008 issue of Revolver magazine features MEGADETH frontman Dave Mustaine in a piece called "Going Postal" where fans ask their favorite musicians questions. A couple of excerpts from the article follow:

Revolver: How do you feel when fans say MEGADETH's best lineup was you with drummer Nick Menza, gutiarist Marty Friedman, and bassist David Ellefson?

Mustaine: Well, they're entitled to their opinion, totally, and if they're talking from a music point of view, that's understandable, because there's only been one record so far with the new lineup. But what they have to realize is that I sang almost every single note of Marty Friedman's guitar solos, and I wrote the majority of Nick's drum parts, and I wrote almost every bass note that Ellefson played. It's just a matter of these guys getting into the groove.

Revolver: How is it between you and METALLICA's Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield since shooting "Some Kind of Monster"?

Mustaine: How's what? I have no idea what you're talking about. You mean as friends? Nothing. I haven't said one syllable to them. I think it's probably pretty disappointing, all of this. We have the same demons. We suffer from bullshit, and you don't talk to somebody. It's fine. And there's enough people in the world that are tired of this story, me included. God, it's how many years old? 30 years old?

Revolver: [Swedish cult black metal act] DISSECTION had to be canceled from Israel's 2005 Metalist fest because you don't play with Satanic bands. Do you still refuse to play with any band that has even a smidgen of Satanism?

Mustaine: First, DISSECTION didn't have to be canceled. I made clear to my agent that I won't play with Satanic bands, and the promoter booked the band without checking with the agent. Because I'm a legend, I don't need to play with people who have gone on record and said they're an enemy of mine. Because I believe in God and he believes in Satan, that means we're enemies, right? It doesn't mean I can't pray for the guy; it just means he doesn't like me and he said so. And I told them that I was stepping off the bill. I never said to cancel those guys. Second, the guy [DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödveidt] threatened me in France. I have two first-degree black belts and I was just awarded a fourth-degree black belt from the World Taekwondo Federation. If the guy wants to threaten me, bring it. I went, he wasn't there. I try really, really hard to live my life peacefully, and this guy went on record saying he was my enemy. You know what? Something happened to him. He committed suicide, didn't he? Oh, bummer.