Megadeth on tour and other tidbits.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I was reading on a Spanish website tha Mustaine seems so excited with "The System has Failed" that he want to set a tour all across USA with Anthrax, Exodus and Testament. Curiously Exodus "don't want/can't" play along with Testament.

The note seemed pretty curious to me, I have never heard something like it. Is there some bad blood between Exodus and Testament? :err:

Wyvern said:
The note seemed pretty curious to me, I have never heard something like it. Is there some bad blood between Exodus and Testament? :err:
Hmmmm Maybe it has something to do with Steve Souza being the Original Lead singer of Testament .....Dut Damn that was 20 years ago......hmmmm

Gary Holt (Exodus) answers :

I do not have much time left on my internet so I´ll make this brief. There is NO beef between us and the boys in Testament. The only ever said( between our and manager and Dave, no one else) was we would not be interested in doing the tour if it meant opening up under Testament and Anthrax, playing a 30 minute set. It has nothing to do with not wanting to play with, or under those bands. It has to do with not wanting to leave my kids and loved ones to play 30 minutes.

Gary Holt (Exodus) answers :

Quote:
"I do not have much time left on my internet so I´ll make this brief. There is NO beef between us and the boys in Testament. The only ever said( between our and manager and Dave, no one else) was we would not be interested in doing the tour if it meant opening up under Testament and Anthrax, playing a 30 minute set. It has nothing to do with not wanting to play with, or under those bands. It has to do with not wanting to leave my kids and loved ones to play 30 minutes."

What a dweep :erk: If he wants to stay home with the wife and kids he should not play in a metal band. Metal is about going on the road and play for the fans to earn your money. Not about staying home. :(

Its just a lame excuse to hide the fact that he has a huge ego.

Tho! I were in Exodus I wouldnt want a rinky 30 min set that wouldnt even Begin the Exodus Experience! ....... but I do think he is just using his Family as an Excuse prolly because he knows Testament and Megadeth would blow them off the stage hahahaha thats Just my Fucked up opinion

dunno-you can sort of understand where he's comin from-they've been around too long to be the openers.playing early evening to half the audience cause they are still trying to get in the venue,and only being able to play 6 or 7 songs.

my solution would be to let us do it :D
i wouldnt have a problem!

and as far as megadeth blowing them away?not being funny,and i'm a big megadeth fan,but they were never totally tops live.i think exodus would give them a good run for their money.

finally-no way theres bad blood over souza,he sang two tracks on the testament remaster"first strike still deadly"

I'm with Baldy here, I can understand Holt not being too hot on playing only 30 minutes on this tour, after such an history in Thrash Metal.

After all they're not anybody, they're the godfathers of brutal Thrash... something Megadeth, Testament or Anthrax aren't.

Fangface said:
I'm with Baldy here, I can understand Holt not being too hot on playing only 30 minutes on this tour, after such an history in Thrash Metal.

After all they're not anybody, they're the godfathers of brutal Thrash... something Megadeth, Testament or Anthrax aren't.
I disagree on your value of Exodus versus Testament. I agree that playing 30 minutes for any of those bands (or most bands today) is LUDICROUS! I won't buy the family excuse, but I'll accept that a good band should not let go under an hour play on a huge festival and not less than 1.5 h on a medium size (one like this). A band alone should play at least 2h for my standards.

I barely could taste BOC in 75 min show...

Hawk said:
Well maybe you are right Baldyboy. I sure agree with you on Exodus blowing Megadeth away. Exodus live are awesome!

I havent Seen Exodus live yet Hopefully I will! and I have seen Mega Twice the first time was at ozzfest '98 and they only got a 30 min set and they sucked the second time was with Motley Crue on the Maximum rock tour that time around they were Awsome! So hahahaha Shit thats the ADD kicking in

Fangface said:
It's not based on my tastes, I like Testament as much as Exodus.
But the fact is that Exodus were leading the way of Thrash Metal way before Testament, so... ;)
Most possibly. I don't recall dates that good, but I do believe Testament is more consistent and important in thrash history than Exodus, but that's my opinion only (besides I don't like Exodus vocals so I'm biased against them).

And if Exodus don't want to play, Mustaine may got Slayer :rolleyes:

Wyvern said:
Most possibly. I don't recall dates that good, but I do believe Testament is more consistent and important in thrash history than Exodus, but that's my opinion only (besides I don't like Exodus vocals so I'm biased against them).
I have to agree on the "consistent" point. Testament never split up, even if they have had highs and lows, just like any other band. Whereas Exodus disapeared in the 90s.
Still, Testament never released an album as influential and "cult" as Bonded By Blood. The Legacy and New Order are amongst my favorite thrash releases but they didn't bring as many new things in Metal as Exodus did before.

Anyway, both bands are in top form right now, that's what matters :headbang: