Megadeth - Rude Awakening?

spawn said:
...I dont know if they were trying to impress Coops or what...
Well I did sit Dave down before the concert and told him straight. There is no next week. You have to perform tonight or your career's over. You've got your chops, you know the gameplan, now put it into action. This gig is 90% mental and 10% physical. Get out there and don't disappoint me.

I don't like to take all the glory... but you know, what can I say? You can all thank me later... hahahaha

Cooperman said:
Well I did sit Dave down before the concert and told him straight. There is no next week. You have to perform tonight or your career's over. You've got your chops, you know the gameplan, now put it into action. This gig is 90% mental and 10% physical. Get out there and don't disappoint me.

I don't like to take all the glory... but you know, what can I say? You can all thank me later... hahahaha
I saw the adoring way he was looking at you during the signing session at Utopia Coops, im not surprised he was so eager to make you happy. I think the gig was 90% Coops and 10% Megadeth.

Spawny I don't even have a DVD player. But when I said it sounded great and stuff.... when I talk about these things I'm never talking about the medium, I'm talking about the content. Personally I couldn't give a fuck if something is in 5.1 Dolby Digital or if its been remastered or anything like that. What I meant about the DVD sounding great was that the BAND sounded great on it. Not the quality of the DVD.

And anyway whether its good for DVD quality or not its still gonna be of a releasable quality anyway so who gives a fuck if other DVDs are mastered better?

I also don't care about things being a bit grainy. Fuck, I buy all my movies as $2 ex-rental videos from the early 80s and stuff, and even when I get a DVD player I have no intention of replacing them on DVD unless they are ultra cheap, because there's no point if I have something on video. As I said, all I care about is the content, not the format or quality of the mastering as long as its of a good enuff quality to enjoy.

You dont care when you pay $2 for a movie and its grainy with bad sound, try paying $50 for one thats grainy and has bad sound (compared to the standard dvds) im sure you will see things differently.

Why would you pay $50 though when you can buy it for about $30 at JB Hi-Fi any day of the week? :lol:

I wasn't saying you shouldn't care anyway. I was just explaining what I meant when I said I thought it sounded good, that I was referring to the band and the mix rather than the DVD quality... and that personally, differences in DVD quality wouldn't deter me from buying it if it was a good concert or whatever it may happen to be.

Theres no JB-Hi Fi here, and I bought it on import, thats why it was $50, but my point still stands :)

spawn said:
I figured you just brought along a hot woman from Perth! !:OMG:
Well I did didn't I? I let you stare out of the corner of you eye at that ass in those leather pants!! But that didn't get me backstage. Goddammit... imagine what I could have gotten IF I had used to her my advantage.

Yeah I agree Spawny, your point does stand, but so does mine. As I said, all I was saying was what I meant when I said it had good sound.

Cooperman said:
Well I did didn't I? I let you stare out of the corner of you eye at that ass in those leather pants!! But that didn't get me backstage. Goddammit... imagine what I could have gotten IF I had used to her my advantage.
And Coops, ill never forget you did that for me :) :lol: But I was perfectly respectful dammit, she never caught me looking, nor did anyone else :)

The Trooper said:
Yeah I agree Spawny, your point does stand, but so does mine. As I said, all I was saying was what I meant when I said it had good sound.
I think the other thing is that Sanctuary rushed it out because the band was breaking up. (Coops will know for sure, but im pretty sure thats what happened) and Dave was so burned out on Deth he didnt have much to do with putting the DVD together, so Sanctuary just did a rush job (NO WAY! NOT SANCTUARY! NEVER!). Anyway, if you can find it for cheap its worth having, but I paid full price on import because I wanted to see it straight away, and I was pretty disappointed :)

Oh, if you want a brilliant Megadeth dvd, get the VH1 Behind The Music on, its REALLY good, and Dave has some great quotes in it, its one of the best music dvds ive got :headbang:

Yeah Megadeth's Behind The Music is AWESOME. It's so interesting, what a fucked up life he had!

But after reading The Dirt I wanna see Motley Crue's Behind The Music even more, theirs would be even better. And can't wait for The Dirt movie! :headbang:

Ive got the Motley Crue one too, its not long enough :cry: Its only an hour, so as you can imagine they skip a lot of stuff, its still pretty good though :)