Megadeth - "United Abominations"

How can you sit there and insult Dave Mustaine without giving him a chance? When he has had control of the band everything he has pissed on has turned to gold, where he let it slip was giving away a lot of the direction on Risk.. Megadeth's last album was the latter day comeback that Metallica have been hoping for and this album is a step up again, screw youthanasia, their best from Rust in Peace.

How can you sit there and insult Dave Mustaine without giving him a chance? When he has had control of the band everything he has pissed on has turned to gold, where he let it slip was giving away a lot of the direction on Risk.. Megadeth's last album was the latter day comeback that Metallica have been hoping for and this album is a step up again, screw youthanasia, their best from Rust in Peace.

So when he released total crap it was the other band members' fault?

Mustaine was never genius. Inconsistent at best. Every album had 3 or 4 good songs, 2 or 3 bad, 1 or 2 awful.

His generally agreed best albums Rust in Peace and Peace sells were carried by the lead guitarists

Which if you know Megadeth he shares, Megadeth are famous for their trade off leads. And I never said band members, just like Bob Rock fucked with Metallica, Dan Huff, the at time producer, was responsible largely for a lot of the later day fuck ups with Megadeth... Also if you know anything about Megadeth Peace Sells bar one track which was co-written and all of Rust in Peace bar three shared credits with Ellefson were written solely by Mustaine, Friedman had nothing to do with the writing. Mustaine also co-wrote most of Kill Em All, a genre defining album if not the genres best and The Call of the Ktulu and the song Ride the Lightning from Ride the Lightning.

Also if you know anything about Megadeth

If we are to accept Mustaine's version of it. Come on, this guy's ego is inflated beyond belief. I have doubts about these "writing credits". I can imagine Friedman coming up with something and Mustaine begging "can I get credit for that?" or "ok guys I get all credit because i'm the leader"

What the hell are you on about? If we are to accept Mustaines version... Master of Puppets is the only one in question... the credits on Kill Em All and Ride the Lightning were given at the albums release by Metallica without Mustaine sueing them or anything... As far as Friedman goes, he only joined on Rust in Peace which was after Peace Sells, Killing is my business and SFSGSW. Besides, if they had problems with it they would have sued him like everyone else has..

Really Mustaine's ego is blown out of proportion, he has nothing on Lars Ulrich... the worst Mustaine has is a at times bad sense of humour and has had past substance abuse issues on a large scale... Other then that he is just outspoken and there is nothing wrong with that. An insightful look at Dave as a person ironic as it may seem is the Some Kind of Monster DVD.

Mustaine is the fucking shit. Yes, everything from Youthanasia to The World Needs A Hero blows, but Mustaine is still the shit.

I couldn't care less about his ego, personally I think he's okay. It's his music I care about, and he's back to form!

Metallica always have and always will suck ass, and Mustaine will continue to kick ass. UB is a good album, and I can't wait to hear these songs live at Gigantour II. :kickass:

More greatness for the fucking king! :kickass:

megadeth125_b.jpg

An insightful look at Dave as a person ironic as it may seem is the Some Kind of Monster DVD.

Good call, it did make me re-think my opinion on him. I guess with Megadeth it's the fact he has'nt got a good 'metal' voice it's a little weak. I can't deny he is a talented song writer but it's just not my bag, they sound weak and the production always sounds 'thin'.

I've personally always liked Dave Mustaine's work.. I own everything from album 1 to Countdown to Extinction.. which I believe is not bad thrash.

As far as the writing credits are concerned, I'm not a big believer of the 'Mustaine snatched everything' theory. I just don't feel a musician would let a band member do that to his creation, no matter how insignificant his role may be. An artist's creation is something he'll really fight for.

Mustaine is the fucking shit. Yes, everything from Youthanasia to The World Needs A Hero blows, but Mustaine is still the shit.

I couldn't care less about his ego, personally I think he's okay. It's his music I care about, and he's back to form!

Metallica always have and always will suck ass, and Mustaine will continue to kick ass. UB is a good album, and I can't wait to hear these songs live at Gigantour II. :kickass:

More greatness for the fucking king! :kickass:

megadeth125_b.jpg

Isn't Gigantour II finished? I mean that was like last year wasn't it?

The music on the new album, from what I've heard, wasn't that bad. It had it's moments. The one thing that really kills the album for me are the stupid political statements Mustaine makes. I don't agree with what he's saying.

I love old Megadeth, and I even like Youthanasia quite a bit, but the 5 or so tracks I have heard off this new one all blow as far as I am concerned.

i love how no one even mentions killing is my business and business is good :headbang: and i also think rust is overrated compared to peace sells and so far so good so what and i suggest fully listening to these albums before saying bullshit like "every album only has 3-4 good songs". Aside from that i dont know how someone doesnt like a band not for their songs but for their frontmans ego, its quite sad really.

I think Killing is my businness is great? I was curious how the remix is of that? If its not overly slick I might eventually pick it up.

But anyways if this new disc is anything close to the "System has failed "I would be happy.It was a good comeback release.

I haven't posted in while, but I wanted to chime in on the Mustaine talk. I personally enjoy latter megadeth. I know it's not the cutting edge stuff that was rust in piece era riffing but Mustaine said himself that's he done with techy stuff and isn't gonna put out another Rust in Piece. I do think from a musical perspective The System has Failed had some great solos, riffs and melodies. I mean comon, the begining of Black Mail the Universe is fucking kick in the face and System takes a crap on St. Crappy Snare Drum. I would say that Mustaine probably has some ego, but you might too if you were one of the riffmasters.

I have to agree that Killing is My Buisness gets over looked and I do like more than Peace and SFSGSW.

@Wolf: Dude, the remix is unbelievably better. I remember when I purchased it and popped it in the player. I had the original version and loved it but the remix makes it alot better. The guitars are cleaned up and the Drums are so incredibly clear. It makes you realize that Gar Samuelson was the best drummer to come outa the Bay Area thrash scene. That remix was also done before Dave did the remixes of the other albums, which I wasn't to entirely fond of for the later albums. Its a must grab.