MEGADETH - Still cutting it after all these years!

simonandneil

New Metal Member
Apr 10, 2007
Ey up!:loco:

Saw Megadeth at Manchester at the weekend, there were bloody awesome:kickass: Many think they past there sell by and until saturday i may have agreed but they played 1 hour 40 mins of classic metal , from Darkest hour and Mechanix, fooking hell, and holy wars, mental, and even their new stuff off united abominations cut it live. Dave Mustaine still amazing guitarist and Singer. and the rest of the band were great live too.

Awesome show, awesome gig, Met some great people there, and a good after show thrash fest at Club Pheonix after, musn't grumble.

Nely:headbang:

TSHF was a big pile of shit, with the worst soloing ever heard on a 'Deth album.
UA is a way better album, it fucking rocks. I don't know how anyone can say TSHF is good but UA is crap. It's bizarre.

TSHF had better riffs and songwriting. Yeah, the soloing was lacking, but that's a minor oversight.

There are only two filler songs on TSHF whereas the majority of UA is filler

I liked TSHF when it came out. I didn't care for it nearly as much when I popped it in a few months ago, but it blew UA out of the water. UA was a shitty album.

The last album they did that stood the test of time was Youthanasia, which a couple of really good tracks on it, amongst a ton of filler.

TSHF was a big pile of shit, with the worst soloing ever heard on a 'Deth album.
UA is a way better album, it fucking rocks. I don't know how anyone can say TSHF is good but UA is crap. It's bizarre.

This.

Well, actually, I kinda liked the System Has Failed. But it's definitely one of their worst. UA was way better. And the soloing is way, way better.

Anyhow, my definition of "cutting it" would be that their live show still kicks ass. Which it does.

I liked TSHF when it came out. I didn't care for it nearly as much when I popped it in a few months ago, but it blew UA out of the water. UA was a shitty album.

The last album they did that stood the test of time was Youthanasia, which a couple of really good tracks on it, amongst a ton of filler.

The majority of Youthanasia is great along with Cryptic Writings. Cryptic Writings was (obviously) a more radio-friendly album, but there's still some killer rock songs on that album

Cryptic kinda sucked. Also...Trust + Almost Honest = the same song. If you gonna write 2 songs with the exact same topic don't put them next to each other, LDO.

Megadeth is good live they are great at rehashing old hits, but they are in the hole like Metallica and really need to redeem themselves with some great new material. They have setlist problems too, they keep the same setlist too much and let many other good songs go to waste, hopefully this will change with Chris on board. As for United Abominations its ok, its surely not the best of MEGADETH records.

Megadeth haven't been good since Rust In Peace.
Yeah, I felt that way for a long time but I enjoyed UA for what is was worth. It will never be the greatest 'deth album but considering their age I'm satisfied with what they came up with. Sure, its more heavy metal than thrash but I like hearing the NWoBHM influence in Dave's tunes, I'm glad its back. Still a relevant artist in my books, unlike, say, Metallica..

'Deth are kick ass live still! Saw them last year and it was like seeing the RIP tour all over again.:headbang: I agree with whoever said they need to dig up some other older material but I dont see them changed much. I would kill to see them do Looking Down the Cross.