Megadeth?

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
according to Blabbermouth:

"MEGADETH is rumored to have tapped Chris Broderick (NEVERMORE, JAG PANZER) as the replacement for lead guitarist Glen Drover.

Although MEGADETH has yet to confirm Glen's departure via its official web site, numerous postings on various message boards (including MEGADETH's official forum, where such messages are regularly deleted) have suggested that Drover has left the band in order to focus on family life."

Wow. Given Mustaine's reputation I actually feel kinda' sorry for Chris if this is true...

Congrats Chris!

I'm sure it will be a great high paying gig.

Just remember a few things to get along with Dave if you don't know him that well (I'm just being honest, not trying to degrade Dave. He is-who-he-is and I respect that, but these tips will save your job! You've worked for a few ego's before, so you probably know the deal);

1.You are the hired gun, shut up and do exactly as your told because he is paying your salary- so he's the boss. If he yells at you, just take it and say 'yes sir' like a professional. It's business, not personnal.

2. Do as he says, not what he does- he's a drug addict and a huge hypocrite when he's not sober (and he won't be sober the whole time guaranteed, even though he'll tell you he's been 'clean' for years, wink). Just because he's drinking and smoking pot doesn't mean that you can too. Even if he offers it to you at night, you'll hear about it or be fired the next day.

3. He is THE EGO. Leave yours at home, give him props when he does good and you'll be his best friend. Take Marty Friedman's humble attitude and don't expect any praise in return.

4. Don't debate religion or politics with him! Just listen to his veiws and nod, because he's always right in his mind and you won't change his opinions. Act interested, but just let it come in one ear and out the other with a smile.

5. He can be like a grumpy father, so it's best to just stay away from him and don't do anything to annoy or provoke him because he'll be looking for an excuse to vent his built up tea pot of anger on something or someone.

Good luck and be safe!
LURCH

So, how would you know all these things? Do you know Dave Mustaine personally?

And if I'm not wrong, nothing has been officially confirmed yet!?

I read this too and while Dave can be a major PITA...it might be the best thing for Chris at this point with Jag not doing much so it seems and it's well deserved if Chris gets the gig.

I'd be a bit bummed if it meant leaving Jag because Chris...along with Mark & Co. are great guys. I wish Chris all the best and will support him without question :cool:

:OMG:

I should probably change my nickname since i'm the last one to know :lol:

What can i say, if I was a good musician and was asked to join Megadeth, I wouldn't.
I'd fight with Dave every minute and would be kicked out of the band in a glimspe :lol: So what money, i don't wanna sell myself (and i do practice what i preach :rolleyes: )
BUT that's me and I can perfectly understand it's a HUGE step for any musician.
So, if u'r up for that Chris, I wish u all the best :) and I'll probably see u soon then ;)

4. Don't debate religion or politics with him!
I can personally confirm this! :lol:

If this becomes official - the biggest of congratulations to Chris!!! No doubt this will lead to much greater exposure/payola for Chris! I love Panzer ( especially Chris playing all the solos ) but definitely not something that's going to pay the bills for him at this time. Nevermore is cool - stylistically loved the music and Chris really stepped in not once, but twice at a moments notice to keep their momentum going as a "touring" guitarist ( even though I would have loved to hear a few more solo spots for Chris ). It will once again be interesting with Gigantour starting in mid-April and if Drover is out, if Chris will be a full member or another "touring" guitarist.
My biggest hope is that Chris would get the respect he deserves and is able to add his uniqueness to the songs. Definitely hope the 7-string stays as Chris has done alot for the instrument and also hope he is not pressured into any endorsements. With the added exposure a Broderick signature model after his LACS would be cool! If this does turn out true, I know you'll be great & hope to make at least a show or two!!!

HUMAN PARADOX