Megadeth's New Album - What are you expecting?

Apologies accepted (I guess), but tone down your posting a bit. You'll find that the UMOS brotherhood is not very keen of that kind of attitude. And be glad that SS is in a good mood and Hawk is not here :p

Personally, I'm looking forward to this record. CHRIS POLAND plays on it!! That alone is reason for me to get it! Kick The Chair is a cool tune. I don't know if this will live up to the hype (probably not), but I've always based my music buying decisions on my own opinion of what's being offered. If it sucks, I'll say so, if it rules, I'll say so, if it falls somewhere in between, I'll say so. I'm hoping it's great!

To answer the question in the subject... I simply do not know!

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well, even though I have never been a Megadeth fan and I am not into Dave's vocals I must say that the new album is pretty ok...heard it a couple of weeks ago and it's not bad at all...I think their fans will be satisfied in an "above all" level...as nobody can be 100% happy with something, diff opinions, tastes etc...

I'm ashamed to say that I already have the album... I just couldn't resist. I love it! Can't wait to purchase the album once it's released. I listen to it everyday... can't get enough of it. Dave's still got it. The solos and lyrics are amazing... all I can say is... BEAT THAT METALLICA!!!

Damn Canadians! :p How did you got it? Why I always get the albums last? :(

some_kind_of_monster said:
im so glad people are still bringing up the "Metallica vs Megadeth" topic.

*gasp* it's so fuckin' amazing.
Cool thing if we made you happy. Now seriously - What's your fucking problem, kid? People around here have a different opinion on your faves. So what? Live with it! Jesus, Mommy must have bathed you too hot! Either this or your real name is Lars... :err:

DrillSergeant said:
Cool thing if we made you happy. Now seriously - What's your fucking problem, kid? People around here have a different opinion on your faves. So what? Live with it! Jesus, Mommy must have bathed you too hot! Either this or your real name is Lars... :err:

:D you rule Sarge :worship:

Wyvern said:
Damn Canadians! :p How did you got it? Why I always get the albums last? :(
You're not the only one, Wyvern. I always fear to be ignored when I want to post about me newest discs because everybody else seems to know them for ages. Motörhead, Annihilator, Exodus... and the list goes on. :erk:

~metal_maiden~ said:
I'm ashamed to say that I already have the album... I just couldn't resist. I love it! Can't wait to purchase the album once it's released. I listen to it everyday... can't get enough of it. Dave's still got it. The solos and lyrics are amazing... all I can say is... BEAT THAT METALLICA!!!
Where did you get it?

In order to answer to the topic: I doubt that we'll see Megadeth return to Thrash like we saw with Exodus or Kreator. I expect them to follow the Death Angel path. But I don't really care as long as the album's good. I get a kick out of the new Megadeth as well. I prefer the old 'deth over the new 'deth, yes. But overall Mustaine has always delivered. Gonna be a cool record, I'm sure.

DrillSergeant said:
You're not the only one, Wyvern. I always fear to be ignored when I want to post about me newest discs because everybody else seems to know them for ages. Motörhead, Annihilator, Exodus... and the list goes on. :erk:
Ow c'mon Sarge, at least you are in Europe (and moreober Germany). Good festivals and most releases before USA.

Here in Hell, I purchase everything online from US. So I have to wait for either the US release or a cheap import from Europe. The albums that actually come to ourr stores generally do so way later than US and Europe, and at prices out of question. In general, today a metal album in a store down, here comes around $18 (which is a lot here). So I try to purchase small hauls online to minimize S&H and come with a better price (and time deliver) than the local stores.

Today even in South America is faster to get some bands than in US :mad: (let's not mention Japan).

A friend of mine sent me the new Megadeth album... I didn't ask for it, he just offered and I took it like the greedy bitch that I am... :p And whoever was whining about Metallica vs. Megadeth... I love Metallica... always have and always will... I just like Megadeth better... and I was being sarcastic in my previous post. Anyway... if any of you fellas are anxious to hear the new Megadeth album, I'd be more than happy to send you a few songs... I will buy the album as soon as it's out to support my favourite band. I hope this kickass record sells well.

DrillSergeant said:

no problem, really. i haven't even stated my opinion yet.

i thought the "Metallica vs Megadeth" topic has been settled by the bands themselves a long time ago, so why are people still bringing it up?

why, this forum could even surpass blabbermouth.