Megadeth's New Album - What are you expecting?

some_kind_of_monster said:
i thought the "Metallica vs Megadeth" topic has been settled by the bands themselves a long time ago, so why are people still bringing it up?
As far as I know it's still a Megadeth topic.
But maybe there's a new rule that prevents from talking about Metallica in a Deth topic, mm?
Rivalry between the two bands existed for a long time while Mustaine still sees some Metallica's ghosts, and thus people will always compare them. C'est la vie.

why, this forum could even surpass blabbermouth.
Thanks for raising the level :rolleyes:

thank you for replying in a "friendly" manner. i appreciate that.

anyway, c'mon. dave surely must have moved on. i was aware that the rivalry ended between the bands a few years ago. dave said it himself, i saw some quotes about it.

shouldn't the fans follow suit? why perpetuate the issue? why not just support the man and his music w/o bringing up old metallica issues?

Metallica vrs Megadeth, Iron Maiden vrs Judas Priest, some sports never lost fandom
32.gif

Wyvern said:
Metallica vrs Megadeth, Iron Maiden vrs Judas Priest, some sports never lost fandom
32.gif

you have a point. but there is such a thing as a "friendly rivalry" you know. i haven't seen anything remotely friendly here yet :loco:

you have a point. but there is such a thing as a "friendly rivalry" you know. i haven't seen anything remotely friendly here yet :loco:
I make a deal with you. Don't lose heart, read the posts, taste the feeling of the UMOS population and keep posting. You'll discover that we ain't saints, sugar and spice and everything nice. Is a tough audience out there, and we are all here because we learn not to step on anybody's else toes.

If you don't like it you can always ignore posts or posters (even use the ignore list), some of us have done that in the past, but most of us do get along with the rest nicely, and some even post together in more than one board.

We like our little community and we do have some quarrels from time to time, hey we're humans after all, but we also know when to apologize and when to make a fresh start. ;)

JonnyD said:
I'm being a stubborn Bitch this week ... I'm not apologising for atleast a month :Spin:
So you apologize once a month, what's that your period? :heh:

Hey girls, hey, stop, no, no, stop that *UMOS female sector moshing over Wyvern* :Shedevil:

Alright, alright it was a bad joke, I do apologize to the ladies :dopey: (damn wasn't my time of the month...).:loco:

thank you for replying in a "friendly" manner. i appreciate that.
No problem. (if that was not ironic heh)

anyway, c'mon. dave surely must have moved on. i was aware that the rivalry ended between the bands a few years ago. dave said it himself, i saw some quotes about it.
Well, honestly I can't remember an interview with Dave not talking about Metallica, especially the fact that they sell more records than him, etc.
It's like he's forever haunted by his old Metallica memories.

Anyway I do agree that this rivalry between them should be buried..... since there's only one who still writes Metal :devil:
Nah, forget that snide remark.

Wyvern said:
Ow c'mon Sarge, at least you are in Europe (and moreober Germany).
Well, yes the distribution is okay over here. But it seems that the people on this board here know new albums by heart long before the actual release date. That's what I was referring to when I wrote that post. Besides I'm just a poor student and I really have to keep an eye on my money. It 's not that easy to get all the most recent stuff in time to be able to gossip about it with you guys. And I do even pay even more than you do for a new album in a regular store. In US$ the average prices are somewhere between 18-20$. Depends on the label and the album. I'm always trying to get my stuff cheaper and I do succeed in many cases. But you have to bite the bullet often enough though. :bah: