Melodeath song I made, how about the mix?

Benalthel

Jul 4, 2011
Malmö, Sweden
www.facebook.com
Just finished this (I think) today. Would love to hear what you think of it and how to improve the mix. I'm really new at both growling and at mixing growls, but I think the vocals turned out kinda decent atleast. Guitars are all POD Farm. Drums are Addictive Drums. Bass is my guitar coil-splitted and pitch shifted and run through POD Farm and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The music is cool and well played but them mix leaves alot to be desired. Add to that the horrible mp3 artifacting of the stereo bounce really killing the high end. Next time you bounce out to a stereo file use the highest quality setting possible and maybe use dropbox instead of soundcloud (dunno if they compress the audio further). The guitars are really fizzy from what I can tell.

Hey, thanks for giving it a listen! Yeah I reduced some highs from the rhythm guitars, I realized they were kinda fizzy as you said. Soundcloud compresses to 128kbps if I remember right but I think the problem with the highs was the rhythm guitars being kinda fizzy. I re-uploaded it on the soundcloud with some tweaks to the mix now.