**Melodic Death/Doom metal with vocals multitracks**

Wow, this sounds great, man! Pretty well balanced overall and lots of balls. The only thing I'd change is the toms. The snare sounds awesome, just what I had in mind. For the intro and mid-break just remove the kicks(?) and other sounds while the song is on the effect and it think it should sound better. That cymbal at the entrance sounds good after some time of playing the song back.

This is awesome. Thanks for your time, man!

Waldo.

Wow, this sounds great, man! Pretty well balanced overall and lots of balls. The only thing I'd change is the toms. The snare sounds awesome, just what I had in mind. For the intro and mid-break just remove the kicks(?) and other sounds while the song is on the effect and it think it should sound better. That cymbal at the entrance sounds good after some time of playing the song back.

This is awesome. Thanks for your time, man!

Waldo.

aaw shit! those freaking toms again :cry: i give up :lol:

drums are superior+slate, guitars podcrap, bass tse sansamp

aaw shit! those freaking toms again :cry: i give up :lol:

drums are superior+slate, guitars podcrap, bass tse sansamp

Quite a nice mix even if reverb heavy. I would try automating the reverb throughout the song...it sounds great in the start but then too much in the verses....but i like the ambience of it overall. If not automating the reverb volume then try some eq on the reverb and put a low cut filter on it.

I made a first quick mix too see what I can do it. I forgot to gate the noise from the guitars in the start....and maybe too much effect on the lead. See what you think...if you like it I can improve it.

https://soundcloud.com/murdryck/melodic-deathdoom-metal-with-vocals-multitracks

Howdy, bro! I don't have a decent pair of speakers at the moment but I can say that the rhythm guitars need more beef. The vocal effect is kind of weird for my tastes. I will keep listening to it some more. Thank for taking the time.

Here is a tweaked version of it...I tried beefing the guitars a bit and took the vocals effects off.

https://soundcloud.com/murdryck/second-mix

Maybe it would be more effective with double tracked rhythms? I am using the TSE 80 for the guitars.

It's a really nice song btw...i like the vox a lot.

Nice song! Had a quick go at it, vocals were a bit hard to get 'em sit right in the mix imho. Might have a look later on because my ears are a bit shot at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
hey there fellas!

here's my version, i hope you like it and feel free to criticize! :kickass:

I love the intro, man! What kind of effect did you use there? I like the overall mix but here are a few things that captured my attention. I'd say the snare is a bit stiff/dry but with some verb would work better. The hihats are a bit weak IMO. Perhaps replacing the sample would be the best option. The ride cymbals at around 2:25 are non-existent. The leads are somewhat buried in the mix and they need more room to shine. The vocal panning you did is interesting, I like that! I also note a snare ringing at the very tail of the sound is that on purpose?

Edit: I noticed the hihat mapping is wrong. You are using closed ones when in the song we only feature open samples. Same happens with the ride. You probably imported the midi file directly into a different program than Superior without taking care of the cymbals :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Martijn - nice balance and good tones in your mix
@sz.daniel - kick is waay too loud but otherwise a good mix i think

I love the intro, man! What kind of effect did you use there? I like the overall mix but here are a few things that captured my attention. I'd say the snare is a bit stiff/dry but with some verb would work better. The hihats are a bit weak IMO. Perhaps replacing the sample would be the best option. The ride cymbals at around 2:25 are non-existent. The leads are somewhat buried in the mix and they need more room to shine. The vocal panning you did is interesting, I like that! I also note a snare ringing at the very tail of the sound is that on purpose?

Edit: I noticed the hihat mapping is wrong. You are using closed ones when in the song we only feature open samples. Same happens with the ride. You probably imported the midi file directly into a different program than Superior without taking care of the cymbals :)

thanks for the quick response! for the intro i only used an EQ and tried to achive a "telephone"-ish sound + some reverb.
i tried a new setup in kontakt for the drum so i have to spend some time with it to be perfect, but i think it sounds good haha :D i like to play with vocal panning so in overall the mix would be interesting for a first listener :)
the snare ringing is a "room" channel with lots of reverb and stuff haha :D